Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   No Power steering assist for 2 seconds. (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/no-power-steering-assist-2-seconds-24649/)

Tigermidge 08-06-2010 05:07 PM

Re: No Power steering assist for 2 seconds.

Finally Call ford costumer service today and started as case number.
Ford said they will call me by Tuesday. If you are still under Warranty and have NOT called the costumer service line for this problem you should do so now so I don't sound like a only person with this problem.

Thanks Mark

wptski 08-06-2010 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tigermidge (Post 225767)
Finally Call ford costumer service today and started as case number.
Ford said they will call me by Tuesday. If you are still under Warranty and have NOT called the costumer service line for this problem you should do so now so I don't sound like a only person with this problem.

Thanks Mark

I contacted CS about my problem also but I'm supposed to get a call from somebody within two business days. They want me to schedule a service appointment at my dealer, like again??? I've already had the song and dance once, it ain't going back till I get this other call at least.

No matter what model and make for that matter of fact, they ought to read their own shop manuals because there are intermittent problems that show no trouble codes!

prattman08 08-13-2010 11:36 AM

Just so you guys don't think you're alone, seeing your post reminded me of the time that happened to me in my 09 FEH. If I recall correctly, it happened around the 10k mile mark in EV mode (not as scary as going 55 on the highway). I'm now at the 29k mark and it hasn't happened since, not that I have forgotten.

wptski 08-13-2010 05:18 PM

A bit OT but I've been informed that at GM dealers if you bring your vehicle still under warranty for a problem and there's no trouble code found, they can't duplicate the problem, they will charge the customer a diagnostic fee!!

Tigermidge 08-13-2010 05:21 PM

That is why people buy BMW's.

Tigermidge 09-17-2010 07:49 AM

OK here is my update. 2 trips to one dealer, 10 calls to Ford Motor Company, One more trip to another dealer.
They did fix my cabin blend door under warranty.
Still they could not duplicate the power steering problem and it has not happened to me since June.
I told the Ford rep. I still have the problem and she just said sorry to bad.
Sounds like a Toyota or Gm response to me.

So I'm am going to file a complaint with NHTSA.
I am not as happy with Ford as I through I was going to be.

Where else can I complain to.

Mark:confused:

Tigermidge 09-26-2010 07:11 AM

New update, the new dealership called and they are ordering a new rack and pinion for my SUV. They are going to call me when it comes in.

Mark

wptski 09-26-2010 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tigermidge (Post 227892)
New update, the new dealership called and they are ordering a new rack and pinion for my SUV. They are going to call me when it comes in.

Mark

Doesn't seem like a rack/pinion set could cause a momentary loss of power steering. Other than the rack/pinion set, the entire EPS system is contained in the steering colume assembly, non-repairable and replaced as a unit.

RayP 10-01-2010 06:57 AM

Happened to me also around 10k and I posted about it then. I was going about 15mph at the time on a curve. I'm at 20k now and it hasn't happened since.

My dad always told me to never rely on my vehicle. He was a mechanic and had more than his fair share of experience fixing these sort of problems, being the go-to guy on intermittent problems. But how do you prepare yourself for steering to fail at 55mph on a curve? These hybrids have a lot of technology in them, and apparently technology is not foolproof yet.

Originally Posted by prattman08 (Post 226021)
Just so you guys don't think you're alone, seeing your post reminded me of the time that happened to me in my 09 FEH. If I recall correctly, it happened around the 10k mile mark in EV mode (not as scary as going 55 on the highway). I'm now at the 29k mark and it hasn't happened since, not that I have forgotten.

Tigermidge 10-01-2010 11:29 AM

You are right, I was mistaken.
They are replacing the power unit in the column today.

Mark