Noise near glove box

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 05:03 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Noise near glove box

Originally Posted by *elaine*
He won't be toooo hard on me, since I did all the work myself and I'm the one who is handy with the tools in our house. If he teases me too much, he'll have to build his own IKEA furniture from here on out....
I heard an IKEA commercial the other day with the disclaimer "some products require assembly". Do they sell anything that DOESN'T require assembly?

Kinda related - I saw a cartoon in the paper the other day that showed a couple getting a new car (a Ford Focus) that came in a box with assembly instructions. The caption was something along the lines of Ford getting carried away with the job cuts. Sounds far fetched unless we think how far fetched "assemble yourself" furniture would have sounded 20 years ago.

I wonder if the original poster found the source of his noise yet?

Old 09-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WaltPA
I didn't get a plastic shelf in my glove box either.
Maybe it's one of those strange Prius features, as the person who suggested it owns a prius! I don't know about these people causing confusion about supplied accessories!

Old 09-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Enthusiast

Well, I narrowed the sound down, it is coming from the area around the radio. Has anyone else had sounds from that area and if so, been able to stop it. I don't want to waste time at the dealership if unnessary or easy for me to fix myself. I can't even figure out now to pull the "cover" off from that area to check it.

Old 09-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Enthusiast

I think I just found the source of the noise. I remembered that right before the new sound started, I had an input installed for my ipod splicing into the attenna. I just realized you can pull the glove box door past the hinge to look behind. Just saw the big metallic box Best Buy installed for me and it was tapping the side of the console when I hit a bump. I repositioned it and think it has stopped, if not, I'll take it back to Best Buy and make them fix it where it won't move around. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.