Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Non Nav Message center test (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/non-nav-message-center-test-14418/)

Nward 07-12-2007 03:35 PM

Non Nav Message center test

I could not find how to get into test mode on the message center.

I have the 08 FEH.

I know that I read it some were but can't find.

Was going to see if their was any info that I could use to get better FE.

Thanks

Mark E Smith 07-12-2007 03:39 PM

Re: Non Nav Message center test

My 07 is a combination of the info button and the set buttons

salsbr 07-12-2007 05:48 PM

Are you talking about the LCD test screens? For the '05 you get to those by pressing and holding the trip odometer reset button when you start the truck. It takes a few seconds, and then goes into test mode.

tcampb01 07-12-2007 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by salsbr (Post 133809)
Are you talking about the LCD test screens? For the '05 you get to those by pressing and holding the trip odometer reset button when you start the truck. It takes a few seconds, and then goes into test mode.

I own the '05 and never bothered to test mine, but.... it occurs to me that the trip odometer is on the instrument cluster, the driver message reset button is below the stereo in the center of the car, and the ignition key is on the steering column. To press and hold those two buttons *and* turn the key you'd need 3 hands!!

Did I misunderstand how to do this?

EDIT: Whoops. I should have read your message twice more before replying. I *thought* you said 'trip odomoter' and 'reset' button (as in 'message center' set/reset button). Now that I re-read it more slowly I see you were really just referring to the button on the instrument cluster that toggles & reset the trip odo and not the set/reset button for the message center. Sorry.