Ordering a 2008 FEH

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Just looking for a straight story on order of a 2008 FEH

Originally Posted by mbagsb
How long can we expect to wait from this point? In addition to my order number, I have an order code of 300A - no idea what that means.
Where did you get the order code from? The reason I ask, is that there should be a Priority stated on the same form. The best is Priority of 10.

Also, dealers do get models allocated based on them successfully selling other slow selling models. The dealer can't just put a order in, and get it actually scheduled, unless they have a current allocation. In other words, if they only "earned" 4, and you are number 5, then the order will just sit until the dealer earns a 5th allocation.

Also, the dealer sets the priority order. If someone comes in and puts a 100% down payment for a Hybrid, the dealer has full discretion to bump that new order ahead of other pending, older, orders.

Last edited by WaltPA; 07-13-2007 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Owner & Salesperson
Default Re: Ordering a 2008 FEH

Allocation: Dealer allocation affects orders for both stock vehicles and retail orders. If we have allocation for 1 unit and there is one order for a stock unit and one order for retail/sold unit, the retail unit SHOULD get built first (and does 95% of the time). Exceptions are when only the stock unit was in at the time Ford 'pulled' the order or when the already had the stock unit built and waiting, in which case they will probably give us allocation for another unit the following week. We typically do have to have allocation to get a vehicle built, even for a retail order. If we don't have allocation we can call and ask for it and it will probably get built if it is sold, but on high demand items that is not always the case. Dealers that sell more of a particular item get more to sell, if you can't sell what you've had for awhile or didn't sell any last year you are less likely to get allocation for another.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Where did you get the order code from? The reason I ask, is that there should be a Priority stated on the same form. The best is Priority of 10.

Also, dealers do get models allocated based on them successfully selling other slow selling models. The dealer can't just put a order in, and get it actually scheduled, unless they have a current allocation. In other words, if they only "earned" 4, and you are number 5, then the order will just sit until the dealer earns a 5th allocation.

Also, the dealer sets the priority order. If someone comes in and puts a 100% down payment for a Hybrid, the dealer has full discretion to bump that new order ahead of other pending, older, orders.
When we called them pestering for an order number, they gave us the order number, the order code of 300A, the body style code of 49U.

Should I call them back and ask for a priority code?

Regarding your description, of how allocations work, that helps quite a bit. Doesn't make much sense, but at least the picture is getting clearer. I guess what I'm confused about is why they would wait 6 weeks to even enter the order.

Last edited by mbagsb; 07-13-2007 at 02:20 PM. Reason: mistype
Old 07-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Enthusiast
Default Ordering a 2008 FEH

One other quick question... once the order is in the system and shows that it is waiting to be pulled, how often does that happen? The dealer told me that he spoke to his regional rep and apparently, mine should be the next one off his list to go.

Just wondering if orders get pulled hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, etc.

Thanks.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:18 AM

Just wondering if orders get pulled hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
Weekly. When you get to the point you get a production date, it will be a Monday, and be a "the week of".

Old 07-14-2007, 06:21 AM

Should I call them back and ask for a priority code?
I don't know if I would even trust what they tell you at this point.

I would ask for a copy of the DORA (its pronounced like the girl's name Dora), and on that, will be priority code. Well, unless they white it out or something, but doing that speaks for itself.

Like I said, "10" means you are their next. A number higher than that, is your order in their queue.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Did you guys even shop around on the internet?
IMHO traveling 100 or 200 miles to buy a car you want off the lot would be worth it, vs. waiting months and months. But that's just me.
-John

Old 07-16-2007, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by gpsman1
Did you guys even shop around on the internet?
IMHO traveling 100 or 200 miles to buy a car you want off the lot would be worth it, vs. waiting months and months. But that's just me.
-John
Personaly I searched, and searched online. Then called the dealers I found and most said it sold days ago. Then the one dealer that said Oh yea, I got that one, drive 30 miles and get there and he goes, now where did it go??? find out it too was sold days prior

So finally get back online and increase my range from my city, to the state, and finally 250 miles away found one with more options than I would have ordered (good for me!) and was actually there when I was!

Old 07-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
Personaly I searched, and searched online. Then called the dealers I found and most said it sold days ago. Then the one dealer that said Oh yea, I got that one, drive 30 miles and get there and he goes, now where did it go??? find out it too was sold days prior
I think dealers do this deliberately. They figure if they can just get you to their lot to see what else they DO have, you'll want a new car bad enough that maybe you'll just settle for whatever they have.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:21 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WaltPA
I don't know if I would even trust what they tell you at this point.

I would ask for a copy of the DORA (its pronounced like the girl's name Dora), and on that, will be priority code. Well, unless they white it out or something, but doing that speaks for itself.

Like I said, "10" means you are their next. A number higher than that, is your order in their queue.
So I got the DORA this weekend and my priority is 10. When I called to check on the status of the car at ford, they tell me that order has been received but hasn't been pulled for production. Is there any way to get a sense of when that would happen?

Quick Reply: Ordering a 2008 FEH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands