Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Squeaking 06 FWD FEH rear end (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/squeaking-06-fwd-feh-rear-end-4506/)

WaltPA 09-28-2006 07:26 AM

Re: Squeaking 06 FWD FEH rear end

ENGINEERING IS AWARE OF THIS CONCERN AND IS CURRENTLY INVESTIGATING.
Gee, I hope these aren't the engineers being laid off. :omg:

TeeSter 09-28-2006 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by GaryG
These are the replacement engineers from the '05 original design engineers. Did you notice the '05's are not part of the problem?

Good Luck!

GaryG

Or the problem could be that Ford squeezed some supplier, and the supplier made a change to the materials in the bushing to make it cheaper--and a piece of crap--all at the same time.

Tim K 09-28-2006 10:24 AM

I found that TSB posted here:
http://www.escape-central.com/1forum...threadid=22555

martinp13 10-02-2006 11:08 AM

Creaking 2007 FWD FEH, driver's side

Oh well. Took mine in Saturday, and they "fixed it". Not. I'll give them one more shot, and this time I will take the mechanic (and maybe the service advisor) for a ride beforehand and let him listen to what I'm hearing. Every moderate-to-heavy braking, every acceleration from a dead stop, and too often during slow maneuvering.

Interestingly, it seemed fixed for the first few miles, then the pops and creaks were back.

TeeSter 10-02-2006 11:25 AM

Re: Creaking 2007 FWD FEH, driver's side

Originally Posted by martinp13
Oh well. Took mine in Saturday, and they "fixed it". Not. I'll give them one more shot, and this time I will take the mechanic (and maybe the service advisor) for a ride beforehand and let him listen to what I'm hearing. Every moderate-to-heavy breaking, every acceleration from a dead stop, and too often during slow maneuvering.

Interestingly, it seemed fixed for the first few miles, then the pops and creaks were back.

I'm wondering if your mechanic is following some instructions in the book that sets a torque for the bolts that hold that thing in place... and mine, well after all the complaints said screw it and just tightened grabbed the longest wrench he had and torqued the heck out of them. So far (knock on wood). Mines held for about 9,000 miles.

martinp13 10-02-2006 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by TeeSter
...the bolts that hold that thing in place...

What "that thing" are you referring to?

TeeSter 10-02-2006 01:25 PM

What "that thing" are you referring to?

I'm not a mechanic, but the TSB and my repair receipt both mention repositioining the shock in the bushing where it goes into the body so it doens't rub on the body. I'd guess some bolts or something must hold it in place. I'm referring to whatever bolts those are. In other words maybe your mechanic is following the rules on those bolts and it still slips out of position while mine decided to get a bit more creative. :) Its just a wild guess.

Tim K 10-02-2006 04:17 PM

Oh well. Took mine in Saturday, and they "fixed it". Not. I'll give them one more shot, and this time I will take the mechanic (and maybe the service advisor) for a ride beforehand and let him listen to what I'm hearing. Every moderate-to-heavy braking, every acceleration from a dead stop, and too often during slow maneuvering.

Martin,
Don't waste your time going back. No matter how many times you show them or let them hear it they cannot fix it. This is an engineering matter that will probably only be solved with a part from Ford. Most people have not seen any, or at best a very temporary "relief" from the repositioning of the mounts. Mine lasted less than a week and the squeek is back, worse than before and more often than before. We will all just have to be patient but keep on top of this so that Ford knows we are waiting for this fix.

Thegreatescape 10-05-2006 05:48 AM

The TSB for the rear shock bushing was published today. It's #06-20-12.

sirfergy 10-05-2006 06:01 AM

Does that mean they have a fix?