Step Bars are on....Now I Know why Ford states they are not available for the Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 07:01 PM
N/A
Default Re: Step Bars are on....Now I Know why Ford states they are not available for the Hyb

Originally Posted by tcampb01
The step-side rails are basically pure vanity - there's really no functional reason to have them.
This may be true for those with a SUV who "want" one as opposed to "need" one. But it's not true in general.

If you really need the "sport" and the "utility" that a sport utility vehicle provides, then you may need the side steps. If you frequently carry stuff on the roof and are less than 7 feet tall, the side steps are absolutely essential to loading and unloading your gear safely.

Last edited by mtberman; 05-20-2007 at 07:04 PM. Reason: spelling corr
Old 05-21-2007, 04:03 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Step Bars are on....Now I Know why Ford states they are not available for the Hyb

My 8 yo boy has no problems climbing trees, fences, and playground equipment, but has a lot of problems climbing into the back seat of my MMH.

Also, my 80+ yo parents have a lot of problems climbing into the rear seats (though, they would complain that a Corvette is too high ).

The side steps will certainly help.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by mtberman
This may be true for those with a SUV who "want" one as opposed to "need" one. But it's not true in general.

If you really need the "sport" and the "utility" that a sport utility vehicle provides, then you may need the side steps. If you frequently carry stuff on the roof and are less than 7 feet tall, the side steps are absolutely essential to loading and unloading your gear safely.
I agree 100%. I put the step bars on my last Escape & looks/vanity had absolutely nothing to do with it.

1: My 5 year old daughter had to be lifted/helped into the back seat without the bars(& this was very tough for my wife with back problems), she climbed right in on her own with them.

2: I am only 5'6" & I need the steps myself to put skis on my roof mounted Yakima ski rack.

~John

Old 05-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Enthusiast

I had mine installed by the dealership. They didn't mention any problems with the install.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by braced
I had mine installed by the dealership. They didn't mention any problems with the install.

I installed the ones on my 05 Hybrid myself, the whole job took me about 1/2 hour.

~John