The Streak is Over, A Tank Under 38 MPG

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: The Streak is Over, A Tank Under 38 MPG

nice. you're getting some great gas milage.

I've done a tank and a half so far in my FEH and I'm loving it.

Averaging 35.2 MPG with the air conditioning on around 40% of the time here in sunny Southern California. I know once it breaks in it will go up some. And I'm not even utilizing any hyper miling techniques really

Old 10-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Active Enthusiast
Cool Re: The Streak is Over, A Tank Under 38 MPG

hi rich; heres how i make out. i have a 05' feh fwd i live on cape cod me and my wife take all back roads to go were we are going. i have only had the feh since august and we have already hit 38.5 mph and are seeing over 500 mile to empty every time we fuel now. we have one road that is an acient way it winds and turns and goes for about 5-6 miles and its downhill a lot so i a'm able to catch most of it in ev mode the speed limit is 25 miles an hour then it turns onto a busier road but still get some good mileage then i'm able to take another road were its has a lot a of wines and turns and the speed limit is only 25-30 mph the cars behind us flash there headlights and honk there horns too bad. if were not in ev mode then we set the cruise control and set the factory nav to show the mpgs. i watch the left gauge when i see it pegged all the way up i notice my milage increases big time. i need toget a scan gauge were can i get one and how much. this feh gets the same on the highway as around town the mpgs don't change to much.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Enthusiast
Default Tire Time

At 50K and 3 years, its time to replace my tires. I have the Ford
issued Continentals, would like advice on best replacement tires to
maximize fuel economy and efficiency. Currently getting 34.5 in
Northern California.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:42 AM
Default Re: Tire Time

Originally Posted by Reed V
At 50K and 3 years, its time to replace my tires. I have the Ford
issued Continentals, would like advice on best replacement tires to
maximize fuel economy and efficiency. Currently getting 34.5 in
Northern California.
I strongly recommend replacing them with the new Escape LRR Michelin Latitude Tours. These tires will increase your mileage over the Eco-Plus, reduce noise, give you better handling and decrease stopping distance. Wear should be as good or better than the Eco-Plus but that's still to be determined. I love them on my '05 FEH and my new '09 FEHL.

GaryG

Old 11-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks, Gary! I did some price checking and they vary in price a lot-($170-$322)
so I want to make sure I am looking at the right tire. Is there pretty much only
one Latitude Tour tire?

Old 11-04-2008, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Reed V
Thanks, Gary! I did some price checking and they vary in price a lot-($170-$322)
so I want to make sure I am looking at the right tire. Is there pretty much only
one Latitude Tour tire?
I got mine through my Ford parts dept. for $159 each, but they retail for $170. There is a thread here and think it was Tire Rack that sells them for ~$145 shipped ground with no tax. Michelin made these tires for Ford and the Escape. Michelin did not sell these tires in the Escape size until July or early August when I ordered mine. They now come in white letters and black sidewall, but I know the black sidewall tires are the ones that came on my '09 FEHL and the ones I bought for my '05.

GaryG