Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

Today I brought my camcorder.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Default Re: Today I brought my camcorder.

Which reminds me. Of the videos that are on-line what programs or codecs did people have to load? I am going to burn these videos to disk for the Madison WI outing and was thinking of including those files as well.

Old 07-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The best program IMHO is VLC = Video Lan Client http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

It plays any type of video (XviD, DivX, MPEG1/2 etc) WITHOUT any codecs needed, it's relatively small and it's available for almost every OS, and best of all it's high quality open-source free software.

It can also do neat things like streaming live video or broadcasting a file in a network, and as it's name might suggest it also handles playing streaming media.

Last edited by Schwa; 07-10-2005 at 04:23 AM.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:50 PM

The video that I made was rendered in a standard MPG-1 and should have no problem playing on most equipment. My home DVD player even plays it.

Old 07-10-2005, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Mine was done using XviD. I think that you already have the code on the disk I sent. If not you can find it at: http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

Old 07-10-2005, 03:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

xxcel wrote: I have a Prius II event coming up in the next few weeks and I am sure someone will bring a camcorder along to show Krousdb achieving > 100 mpg in his Prius II.

Maybe Tbaleno could lend you his? I don't have a camcorder.

Old 07-10-2005, 09:00 AM

I was thinking of bringing it. And my camera.

Old 07-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

So you will be joiining us? Cool!. At the rate Wayne is learning the secrets of the Prius, it is more likely that Wayne will be the star of this video.

Old 07-10-2005, 02:24 PM

Hi Dan:

___Not a chance! It is one thing to come within 10% of the top FE drivers in a Prius II, it is a whole other matter to be one of the top pilot(s). You and that Japanese individual have that title locked up tight and rightfully so. Think about this. A marathoner running in the low 2:05 range is running at peak - world class - and almost at the world record pace. A marathoner running to the tune of a 10% disadvantage (02:17) doesn’t even qualify for the team! This is what scares me the most in attempting to run with the experienced Prius II pilots. My Prius II experience is so thin as to be almost non-existent even if my FE intuition may be pretty good.

___I am sure everyone remembers a particular game, sports competition, work assignment or project, whatever when you hit that pinnacle known as “In the Zone”. All superfluous stimulus was still registering but your mind/body was so attuned to the exact task at hand that no one could touch your level of performance for that given instant in time. I had that feeling in the Insight after ~ 15,000 miles because I knew what it was going to do, I knew when it was going to do it, and I could feel everything it was doing currently and sometimes even without the gauges! I have an even better feel in the Ranger because it is not nearly as smooth and its secrets are much easier revealed. I am very close to achieving this feeling in the Accord now. The Prius II unfortunately still feels very foreign. I might be a good tactician but those with hundreds of hours of seat time in a Prius II are the better practitioners hands down.

___Tom, do you want to come join us for the attempt (Camcorder in hand) during the first weekend in August in Pittsburgh, PA.? We can take the Accord as it is one of the ultimate highway hypermiling cruisers.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 07-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

Wayne,
You will feel differently come Tuesday night. Trust me!

Tom,
I hope you can make it.

Old 07-10-2005, 04:20 PM

I thought you were talking about the madison trip next weekend. I can't go to PA

Quick Reply: Today I brought my camcorder.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands