General EV Discussion Discuss electric only vehicles (Tesla, Volt etc.)

Chevrolet Volt concept... plug-in hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Proud to be GM
Default Re: Chevrolet Volt concept... plug-in hybrid

Originally Posted by AshenGrey
Actually, I had figured DaimlerChrysler as being the culprit, since they are the only ones with absolutely no hybrid offerings and no hybrid plans.

DCX is partnered with GM and BMW on the development and implementation of the 2-Mode system and will use it in the Durango and probably several other vehicles.

Peace,

Martin

Old 01-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Hybrid True Believer

Originally Posted by martinjlm
DCX is partnered with GM and BMW on the development and implementation of the 2-Mode system and will use it in the Durango and probably several other vehicles.

Peace,

Martin
If that's so, then a 2Mode Jeep would be nice!

Old 01-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

Peace,

Martin
And don't forget that the "D" part of "DCX" pioneered clean diesel tech like BluTec.

Old 01-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

*Sigh*

Don't get your hopes up, I'll get into why later. (Boy is the NAIAS 1st Press day a tiring day!)

Old 01-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Dazed and Confused

Originally Posted by AshenGrey
Actually, I had figured DaimlerChrysler as being the culprit, since they are the only ones with absolutely no hybrid offerings and no hybrid plans.
Not exactly true, they do offer the FAS type system on their trucks. I am not all that up on how the Dodoge version works though.

Old 01-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Engineering first

Hi Martin,
. . . Don't go there. You're better than that.
. . .
Please don't presume we must remain deaf, dumb and blind about CNW Marketing. From dubious research to their advocacy of the Chevy Aveo, it is hard to see them as anything less than a sock puppet. Of course CNW could be suffering from some form of Munchausen but Occam's razor suggests he is just trying to curry favor with his likely customers. Whether his customers are several times removed from GM doesn't change the pattern.

Bob Wilson

Old 01-08-2007, 07:45 AM
Proud to be GM

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
Hi Martin,
Please don't presume we must remain deaf, dumb and blind about CNW Marketing. From dubious research to their advocacy of the Chevy Aveo, it is hard to see them as anything less than a sock puppet. Of course CNW could be suffering from some form of Munchausen but Occam's razor suggests he is just trying to curry favor with his likely customers. Whether his customers are several times removed from GM doesn't change the pattern.

Bob Wilson

Bob,

That's not my point. Say or think what you will about CNW. I would just appreciate it if you would re-consider before putting 2 and 2 together and getting 22. You are typically very consistent in providing data and published, verifiable facts in making your points and drawing your conclusions. That is the basis of my "You're better than that" comment.

To preclude that because CNW has nice things to say about something GM is doing is evidence of a funding relationship is an unfounded and probably inaccurate accusation. That is the basis of my "Don't go there" comment. Your credibility on this site is very high because of the supporting information you are able to attach to your opinions. That gives you and the things you say a certain degree of power. A wise man once said "with great power comes great responsibility". For an opinion leader such as yourself to stamp unfounded conjecture with your stamp of credibility would be irresponsible.

Peace,

Martin

Old 01-08-2007, 07:49 AM
Proud to be GM

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
*Sigh*

Don't get your hopes up, I'll get into why later. (Boy is the NAIAS 1st Press day a tiring day!)
***waiting with peaked curiousity***

Old 01-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I wish GM success at whatever approach they take to hybrid technology. It's about time they "go green," or at least make a sincere effort.

My first complaint about the Volt is: no regenerative braking? That's half the fun of driving a full hybrid!

Harry

Old 01-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Hybrid True Believer

Originally Posted by Earthling
I wish GM success at whatever approach they take to hybrid technology. It's about time they "go green," or at least make a sincere effort.

My first complaint about the Volt is: no regenerative braking? That's half the fun of driving a full hybrid!

Harry
That should be your first clue that the Volt is a publicity stunt and not a car that's ever going to be built.

"GM" stands for "Gonna Maybe"

Quick Reply: Chevrolet Volt concept... plug-in hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands