Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   2009 Escalade Hybrid - No Hybrid Screen in Nav (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/2009-escalade-hybrid-no-hybrid-screen-nav-30664/)

laselvasurf 01-24-2016 11:56 AM

2009 Escalade Hybrid - No Hybrid Screen in Nav

I have a 2009 Escalade Hybrid I purchased a couple months ago and am loving it. I've gone through and done a ton of maintenance to get it in tip top shape but I can't figure out one thing and it's driving me crazy. My question is concerning the navigation computer. I do not have any Hybrid section available on the screen and I cannot pull up any information concerning the hybrid system. The previous owner had the dealer replace the system at 48K miles for some reason, so I'm guessing they did not install the correct head unit. I'm wondering if there is a way to re-code it to get that info or will I have to fully replace it with a nav unit from a hybrid. If I do need to replace it, does anyone have the part number for the hybrid specific navigation computer?

Thanks!

evois 01-25-2016 06:41 AM

They must have used a different nav head unit. You can go to nav display and there is a screen that says hybrid.

laselvasurf 02-06-2016 06:22 PM

Re: 2009 Escalade Hybrid - No Hybrid Screen in Nav

Originally Posted by evois (Post 259000)
They must have used a different nav head unit. You can go to nav display and there is a screen that says hybrid.

Unfortunately there is no hybrid screen anywhere that I can find. They must of just replaced it with a stock head unit. I wonder if anyone can reprogram it or flash it to have that info?

evois 02-07-2016 06:02 AM

Click display. It should have that option there.

ms.scoobs 05-04-2016 11:30 AM

I replaced my head unit with one from a 2011 and it doesn't have a HYBRID screen. Maybe it was replaced with a different model year?

evois 05-04-2016 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by ms.scoobs
I replaced my head unit with one from a 2011 and it doesn't have a HYBRID screen. Maybe it was replaced with a different model year?

They gave you a non hybrid screen.

bigaloha 08-06-2016 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by evois (Post 259696)
They gave you a non hybrid screen.

how do you know if its a hybrid screen model capable. i want to update to that CF version

evois 08-08-2016 08:31 AM

There should be a choice in the screen to show hybrid.