Nav Display Noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Nav Display Noise

I have notice that sometimes my Nav Display CD will run off and on several times and then stop. I have no problems with the Nav system now that I know how to use it. Just wondering if other owners have experienced this?

Old 11-16-2009, 11:28 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default no noise but...

the other day I put the car in reverse and the screen went dead, no radio no backup camera etc. After restarting the car it came back normally and hasn't done it again.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Default Re: Nav Display Noise

Thanks for the information Jet 1, it is interesting once I have put the truck in reverse with a blank screen and when I went back into forward everything worked.

Old 11-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: no noise but...

Originally Posted by jet1
the other day I put the car in reverse and the screen went dead, no radio no backup camera etc. After restarting the car it came back normally and hasn't done it again.
Not to sound like the tech that asks "Is it plugged in...", but...

When the ambient light detector decides the sun has set (maybe because a tree is shadowing the sensor where you parked), it will turn on the headlights and dim the dash lights to where you set them. Being a good pilot, you were trained to keep them as dim as possible for the conditions. Now, if that was a dark night, you will find the display basically invisible. Doubly so with sunglasses on (I'm sure you have a pair of Ray Ban Aviators).
Just crank the dimming **** next time, this happens to me all the time...

Old 11-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Actually I think it's just the head unit getting its self "confused". I've had the display do odd things if I put the truck in reverse then forward and reverse again (backing into a one car garage can be a pain with the beast). Everything resets its self the next time I start her up so no harm really.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:33 PM

I agree CPMS it's just jumped a diode or two.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

The optic drive in the NAV unit runs when the doors are unlocked or opened in preparation to allow the NAV system to locate to the map and the DVD "hunting" noise is normal.

Old 11-26-2009, 04:20 PM

Thanks for the information Txav8r.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: no noise but...

Originally Posted by jet1
It is a computer (like so many other things today) and just needs a reboot, just as you did. Now when it starts doing it repeatedly...Houston, we have a problem!

Old 11-29-2009, 01:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

The other day my driver's door wouldn't open even though the vehicle was in park. I couldn't get out while dropping the kids off at school. Disengaging the driver's door is a safety precaution so that you don't get out while in drive with the engine on autostop. But I was in park and it still would not open. So I had to unroll the window and open it from the outside. I guess it was just a glitch since it has not done it since (knock wood).

Quick Reply: Nav Display Noise

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands