Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   Nav system bypass (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/nav-system-bypass-22656/)

kklein 09-19-2009 06:32 AM

Nav system bypass

Hello,
Does anyone know to make a Nav change to a new destination while driving, also can you enter a point of interest while you are driving??

Canuck 09-19-2009 10:01 AM

Re: Nav system bypass

Check out this thread:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ck-pick-22165/

kklein 09-19-2009 03:56 PM

Thanks for the information, there is no way that I am going to due this mod now. Canuck where are you from in Canada and what year is your Yukon?

TechExplorer 09-19-2009 04:46 PM

Does your system allow you to just cancel routing while in motion ?

kklein 09-19-2009 05:24 PM

Yes it does allow you to cancel the route while in motion. I will try canceling the route while in motion and then try to enter a new route.
Thanks Ken

TechExplorer 09-19-2009 06:51 PM

You should be able to just pick a POI and then just pick it as new route,this is how most Nav's work,ect.This can be done while still on original dest.

kklein 09-19-2009 07:11 PM

Thanks, I will give this a try.
Kind Regards Ken

ShakinEakin 09-21-2009 09:18 AM

Do you still have the "Directions and Connections" OnStar plan (first year free)? If so, just call OnStar and they will upload the new location for you.

Have you also used MapQuest to pre-load all your locations? Much easier then typing in the location on the screen.

It's an extra $100/year on top of the normal OnStar "Safe & Sound" plan... But, I do like the service. It's makes it real easy to setup a restaurant reservation or find that place I'm looking for.

Even on a road trip they helped me locate the nearest In-n-Out while I was driving (we all know how important that is). The alternative was to pull over, type it in and search for it.

Chris.

CPMS 09-21-2009 01:09 PM

Regarding Ken's original question, most Navi functions are disabled of you're moving. If you come to a stop you can usually enter/change stuff (I don't think you have to put the vehicle in park). Only way around this is the lockpick and I've read more negative than positive about those kits.

The "Directions and Connections" is another option. The Mapquest thing is pretty cool, I had a 3 month free trial in my Escalade when they first made the function available.

Canuck 09-21-2009 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by CPMS (Post 211065)
Only way around this is the lockpick and I've read more negative than positive about those kits.

Just wondering what the negatives are other than the service bulletin?

I wouldn't want to drive my vehicle without it. Before I knew about it, I just about put my old GPS with the suction cup on the window, as I cursed it over and over.

Plus, it allows much more than just overriding the address entry (but I would have bought it if only did that). I did a 9 hour drive the other day while the wife and kids watched "Big" on the DVD. Without the lockpic, my wife (and me glancing only while safe) could not have watched that DVD.

I agree that if you take your vehicle in for service, take it out to avoid warranty issues. It's plug and play.
:D