Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   Removing hybrid system possible? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/removing-hybrid-system-possible-31399/)

AndrewR2488 11-23-2017 06:10 AM

Removing hybrid system possible?

So I’ve got an 09 Sierra Hybrid and I am seriously wondering if it would be possible to completely remove the hybrid system from the truck? Like could I throw a 4l60e or 4l80e into the truck, replace with a traditional starter and steering system? I figure when I put batteries in it that it will cost around 4000 so do y’all think for the same price I could delete the hybrid system completely?

tiktok4321 11-27-2017 11:24 AM

Re: Removing hybrid system possible?

I don't think you can do it for less than a new battery...

Hillbilly_Hybrid 11-28-2017 09:49 AM

You will need to do the engine, all hydraulics for brakes, install traditional power steering, add alternator, add traditional air conditioning compressor ( and AC computer system), make heater modifications, and or bypass the Hybrid based Body Computer as well.

Short answer is YES! It can be done.

Damion Scott 07-09-2020 04:38 PM

Re: Removing hybrid system possible? How much will that cost

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid (Post 264267)
You will need to do the engine, all hydraulics for brakes, install traditional power steering, add alternator, add traditional air conditioning compressor ( and AC computer system), make heater modifications, and or bypass the Hybrid based Body Computer as well.

Damion Scott 07-09-2020 04:40 PM

how much would it cost to do

Damion Scott 07-09-2020 05:05 PM

how much would it cost to do

Tahoe_08 07-14-2020 03:18 AM

Buy a wreaked Silverado transplant from there since it will have Everything you need :D...
(something that was rear ended)

dnt1010 08-14-2020 06:38 PM

I do not think it would be worth the trouble and expense. Several places have the re-manufactured batteries for around 2600, besides these things will limp along for years with a bad hybrid battery. Worst symptom that I had was an occasional hesitation on takeoff from a dead stop. It seemed like the Hybrid battery just did not have enough juice to start the ICE through the dampener plate at times, especially with some high draw items on like AC. It still ran really good just had an occasional hiccup.