Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH I-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-i-specific-discussions-50/)
-   -   2004 Civic Hybrid just stopped working (the Hybrid part) (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-i-specific-discussions-50/2004-civic-hybrid-just-stopped-working-hybrid-part-28908/)

Phototone 06-19-2013 01:51 PM

2004 Civic Hybrid just stopped working (the Hybrid part)

I've got a high mileage 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid (145,000 miles), that I purchased a few months ago. Although the check engine and EMA lights have been lit, the Hybrid system has been functioning OK, assist, regenerative braking and starting engine from the hybrid motor (not the conventional starter). It's my wifes car, so I don't drive it a lot. Today I decided I would take it and fill it up with gas. Leaving the house it started just fine (silent start from hybrid motor). As I was driving the Hybrid charge indicator dropped to zero, and at stop lights the battery light came on. Acceleration would cause the battery light to go out. But comes back on at idle. I know the Hybrid system recalibrates, so seeing the state of charge of the Hybrid battery at near zero does not normally concern me, but I decided to drive it around a bit and never once did I get a bar on the hybrid battery indicator, nor did I get any indication of regenerative braking, or assist. I know the display works, as in starting the car, the display shows full bars just during the start up process, but it now only starts from the conventional starter motor. On my rather spartan OBD II reader I'm getting the same error codes I have always got: P1600, P1433. I should add that I have a fresh 12volt battery, not an issue.

I had figured that I would eventually have to order a replacement traction battery, but now I'm worried there might be something else wrong.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Phototone 06-20-2013 09:50 AM

Re: 2004 Civic Hybrid just stopped working (the Hybrid part)

OK, I guess this was a false alarm. I disconnected the 12volt battery for a while (to reset the computer), and after reconnect, all is working again.