HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

HELP! Won't start

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 06:19 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HELP! Won't start

Well it's not a total relief yet. I am not convinced I understand to what extent the two electrical systems work together (or not), so until it seems like everything else is normal I won't be sure that the new battery won't go bad for the same reason the old one did. We're assuming it's old age and heat that killed it, but sometimes problems in the charging system or other issues can kill a battery, and if I'm having one of those problems it may just kill the new battery too. Plus, I'll feel better once the IMA system starts behaving normally again, lest I fear that's broken too... :-)

Old 07-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hi Zimbop my IMA charge indicator did crazy things too when my 12V battery died and i had to replace it also. It will straighten out give it alittle time and mileage. keep in mind this heat may make the IMA battery act below normal. when the temp cools down your fear should be gone.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:13 PM

Ok, I'll keep that in mind. One other bother as a result of this: My radio doesn't work anymore since the battery got disconnected, it's looking for a code of some sort. Is this another one of those annoying theft-proofing efforts that really does nothing but inconvenience the owner? Ugh. When we bend our lives around the thieves then they have won!

Old 07-21-2008, 03:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah you need to put a code back into the radio. if you have the owners manuel a lot of dealers wright it on the book look for a number written in pen or pencel. also some times old owners wright it in the glove box someware. when i bought my 2003 HCH (used) it was written in both places. otherwise you may have to go to the dealer.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:34 PM

Bugger. I'll see if I have the code somewhere.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:46 AM
Active Enthusiast

If you sign up for Honda owners link on honda's web site there is a link to click on to retrive radio code this might help too.
https://radio-navicode.honda.com/

Old 07-22-2008, 08:02 AM

Oh, I did do that a while back. Let's see if I can remember my login...

Old 07-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hey Zimbop, How did ya make out with the radio code?

Old 07-29-2008, 12:12 AM

Too much hassle, haven't done it yet. Just went out of town for a few days too. Maybe tomorrow.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:39 PM

Got the radio code working. Again, what a stupid useless PITA. Who steals factory stereos anyway? WTF?

Quick Reply: HELP! Won't start

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands