HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

$189 for a b1 service???

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: $189 for a b1 service???

Just had my B1 service done today for $43 at Bill Rogers Honda in Albany, OR. While I could do the service myself, the dealers prices haven't scared me away yet, and save me time. They used the recommended 0-20 oil and had me in and out in little over an hour. I am continually surprised by what some other dealers are charging for service, including other dealers in my area.

$189 seems way overpriced.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Enthusiast

Me too! The dealer is ridiculous! I paid $100 for B1!
I can't do any mechanics myself, but I would appreciate any LOS ANGELES area recomendations of private mechanics that are hybrid friendly

Old 10-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Enthusiast

they don't have to be hybrid friendly, just bring in your own 0w20 mobil 1 and even a quality filter... nothing to it! just make sure they rotate those tires cause the stock rubber is pretty bad. There's a place down the road from my house that does $15 oil changes for normal cars so when I bring my own oil in it costs me $8 and I just rotate the tires myself and air filters are also cheap and easy to do yourself. I can do the oil myself but for $8 why bother really? its always a PITA to deal with the old oil. There aren't any public disposal sites nearby and I feel bad funneling it back into the bottle and tossing it in the trash.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Energy Independence

Farkedup,
You can usually take used oil to ANY shop that changes oil, and they'll dump it in their recycle barrel. I've taken mine to my local Pep Boys for years (that is, when I change my own oil). No issues, no cost (although that may vary).

Old 10-03-2007, 09:19 PM
AJR
Active Enthusiast

I brought my 4 qts of M1 0-20, Honda oil filter and crush washer to Big-O-Tires across the street from my work. They charged me $12.00 + $3.00 disposal fee. It was worth it. I made it a point to just ask that if they broke any of the clips for the shield to let me know so I can get a new one from the dealer. I didn't want to drive around with the shield flapping! They also rotated the tires for free.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:09 AM
Enthusiast

Had my first oil change a couple days ago at 5,381 mi. and one year old.
Oil Life was at 30%. Had them add Mobil 1, 0W-20, which I provideed.
Also had oil filter replaced and tires rotated. Told them to leave tires inflated
to 38psi. rather than the door jamb 32 psi. Total cost w/o Mobil 1 = $52.74
plus tax (Albany, NY area). Did get free wiper blade insert replacements.

We all know what they did to the tire pressure, 32psi. per their specs. With
this pressure I only got in the upper 40's FE that day on a newly reset gauge.

Yesterday I found this out (the pressure) and reset it to my preferred 38psi.
The previous day's trips were now in the mid 50's and all is well. This 38psi. is
the avg. of 32psi. and the 44psi. sidewall number. It suits me for FE and bumpy
roads. Don't want to screw up the electronics by hitting a pot hole w/ "hard " tires.

Remember to check tire pressure after each car service.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:28 AM
No Spin Enthusiast

Originally Posted by burningstar
Me too! The dealer is ridiculous! I paid $100 for B1!
I can't do any mechanics myself, but I would appreciate any LOS ANGELES area recomendations of private mechanics that are hybrid friendly
I'm in Lancaster, CA. (Lancaster Honda) I just had the B1 service done and I change my own oil (Mobil 1). So basically, they rotated the tires and did the inspection and checked for recalls or updates to the software. They charged me $17.00.
Of course, they know me from past problems with the car and they know I bought the service manual and probably have seen more with the hybrid than their mechanics. $189 is ridiculous, Even $100 seems too high for what they do.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:17 AM
F**k ExxonMobil

update: i spoke to the service manager about the price. he said the service advisor made a "mistake", quoting a 15k mile service fee, not a b1 service. he said the b1 cost is $99.99. funny, i never asked for the cost of a 15k mile service. fuller honda, chula vista. caveat emptor.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Enthusiast

Even 99 bucks for an oil change and tire rotation is too much. 35 bucks for oil change and 35 bucks for rotation plus taxes. If it takes more than 45 minutes to do LOF and Rotation something is really wrong. If they charge any more than .65 of an hour they are ripping you off.

Good Luck,
Bill

Old 10-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 06hch2
what part of socal are you in? i'm in san diego.
Miller Honda in Culver City is who use for servicing my Civic. Santa Monica Honda are crooks and West Hollywood are not much better.

Last edited by soldierbot; 10-05-2007 at 09:12 PM.

Quick Reply: $189 for a b1 service???

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands