HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Anyone had their car spat on?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone had their car spat on?

Wow, that's a new one. I've gotten the finger a few times, and yelled at, but not that. I love the cell phone pic idea. I will have to try that one in the future.It really upsets me when people get mad at you for coasting to a red light...Do they seriously think they're going to get where they're going any quicker? It actually can be slower if you time it right...If you still have speed when you get to the light you will beat the car that has stopped anyday, it doesn't matter how many hp it has. People are just short sighted and ignorant I guess.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default I never had my car spat on, but

I found this on the windshield of the Porsche one time:

Old 05-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I never had my car spat on, but

Well, at least you know that's just saliva and not something else...

Originally Posted by Orient Express
I found this on the windshield of the Porsche one time:

Old 05-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default Re: I never had my car spat on, but

Originally Posted by HyMinded
Well, at least you know that's just saliva and not something else...
Yeah, I think that is a mouth print, but it could have been a juicy calling card left by a contortionist.

Old 05-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Why would anyone put their mouth on a windshield? That one doesn't even look clean.

I've decided to take my old route to and from work. It's mostly interstate, but there are lots of opportunities to glide and almost no stops. I can get away with going under the speed limit, too, because its 4 lanes and I'm usually not the only one slow movin'. I even get better mileage.

Old 05-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Happy Camper Enthusiast

Got egged once in the carpool lane. (Didn't see by whom.) They probably didn't know how to interpret the "clean fuel" decal that allows single occupants in the carpool lane. That, or they just have it in for anything perceived as environmentally giving a ****. Which sounds like what you ran into.

-doug

Old 05-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Dan
MPG Centurion

Originally Posted by msantos
You know what seems to work for me?

Just pick up your cell phone, raise it, and hold it steady in plain sight of the traffic bully. If you managed to shoot or film them then great, otherwise just make it look like you are taking good snapshots of them. Up until now I've had quite a bit of success with this little trick.
People who are not polite or try to give you the finger seem to predictably pretty much pull it in and get out of your sight in a rush when they realize you probably got a good picture of them.

Cheers;

MSantos
Great idea... Post a Wall of Shame at GH with license plates of all the morons. In Texas you can (for 19.99) get the name and address from a plate. Could have a google maps mashup of the morons.

Lets get a paypal button "Donate $20 to get this moron on the moron map".

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...070601953.html

Last edited by Dan; 05-12-2007 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Banned

There have been a couple of times rude drivers started to behave nicely once they saw a camera pop out. It's like flaming on the internet - most people stop getting nasty once they are identified.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by Dan
Great idea... Post a Wall of Shame at GH with license plates of all the morons. In Texas you can (for 19.99) get the name and address from a plate. Could have a google maps mashup of the morons.

Lets get a paypal button "Donate $20 to get this moron on the moron map".

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...070601953.html

Dan, I think you are on to something here... I like it. I like it ALOT !!!

On some hindsight... I wonder what the legal ramifications would be?

Especially if it can be construed as vigilantism... and particularly if someone ever posts a picture of a vehicle+driver who actually never did anything wrong, yet through a malicious act ended up defamed at such a grand scale ... Hummm... If something like that was ever setup then there would have to be a mechanism that prevents and deters false and defamatory posts.

... BUT I LIKE IT !!!

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 05-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Dan
MPG Centurion

Originally Posted by msantos
On some hindsight... I wonder what the legal ramifications would be?
Well I definitely wouldn't bring the heat on GH, PC or CM, but would almost be worth setting up a dedicated site:

Idiot Driver Map dot com or Moron Map dot com.

As for the legal problems... Yep, they are substantial. I remember dog poop girl (see sources earlier) stirred up some legislation to stem that stuff.

On the other side of the fence, there are sites that "review" professors at Universities that are completely unregulated. I know some professors that get reviewed with stuff like "Take her for lit... she's hot". Not exactally fair. But those sites have been around for a while.

I think posting the pictures with "This guy flipped me off, and his license is TX: ABC-123". That's all public information... Can't claim that your plate is private, or a picture of you flipping off a Prius driver in public.

Where you'd get into trouble is in the Plate=Adress part of it. But I still thing it TX that's public information (tax records), but just like criminal records, public doesn't mean free. There are "filing-fees" to pay to look it up.

But IANAL, so what do I know. Still I do like the idea.

Last edited by Dan; 05-12-2007 at 10:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone had their car spat on?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands