Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH II-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/)
-   -   Bridgestone Turanza (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/bridgestone-turanza-16829/)

wwwest 01-21-2008 08:14 AM

Bridgestone Turanza

Has anyone used these tires? Had to replace the original Dunlaps (blow out on one and the others were bald!) Anyway, I din't do the homework I shoudl have done, but got a set of Bridgestone Turanzas. My FE went down overnight! Anyone else have that problem?

gumby 01-21-2008 07:46 PM

Re: Bridgestone Turanza

New tires, period, FE will suffer. Especially non-LRR tires.
Give 'em 500-1000 miles. They are SO sticky when brand new.

Your FE may suffer some long-term, but I bet it won't be as bad as you're seeing right now.

MortalWombat 01-21-2008 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by wwwest (Post 159076)
Has anyone used these tires? Had to replace the original Dunlaps (blow out on one and the others were bald!) Anyway, I din't do the homework I shoudl have done, but got a set of Bridgestone Turanzas. My FE went down overnight! Anyone else have that problem?

which Turanza tire? They have quite a few different models... EL42, EL400, LS-T, LS-H, LS-V, LS-Z, Serenety

wwwest 01-22-2008 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by gumby (Post 159178)
New tires, period, FE will suffer. Especially non-LRR tires.
Give 'em 500-1000 miles. They are SO sticky when brand new.

Your FE may suffer some long-term, but I bet it won't be as bad as you're seeing right now.

Hey thanks! One thing though......I can make those turns without slowing down now!

vandyatc 04-17-2008 07:49 PM

I had these and they were awesome! Until I looked at my mileage. It dropped to 35 overnight.

Now I'm on Yokohamas, and I've krept up to 40-41... I was getting 49 avg on my Dunlops.