HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Dealer told me they dont know how to fix it!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 04:01 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Dealer told me they dont know how to fix it!

Then sell the **** thing. I don't see you working through the problem, just dwelling in a lot of self-pity. You insist that A/C is working despite it blowing hot air. How can anyone help you when you have such standards?

Are the 3-5 passengers obese -- the car overloaded? There is a precedent for rear seat passengers to affect the electrical of the battery pack.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:07 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spinner
Then sell the **** thing. I don't see you working through the problem, just dwelling in a lot of self-pity. You insist that A/C is working despite it blowing hot air. How can anyone help you when you have such standards?

Are the 3-5 passengers obese -- the car overloaded? There is a precedent for rear seat passengers to affect the electrical of the battery pack.
wow, this is helpful, thanks.

do you want to buy my car?

the A/C works until the IMA shuts down, perhaps I was a little unclear about that.

the car is not overloaded when this happens. it occurs occasionally with just myself in the car.

There is no situation where it should be "normal" for the car should go into an overtemp fault on the IMA under typical operating conditions passengers or not.

is it this difficult to admit that honda may have messed up here? I like honda as much as the next guy, but if the car doesnt work then they need to address the issue and not hide as they currently are.

design flaw or not honda is ignoring the issue, I have not yet found a scanner to get the paperwork from honda which shows they know this is a PROBLEM and post it here. I will try to get that done again today. perhaps that will help to show that honda knows there is an issue but is unwilling to address it.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:14 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The only cooling to the pack is via the two vents in the rear window sil behind the middle rear passenger. The cooling is from the passenger A/C. No, it is normall just me in the car twuelfing.H

Old 10-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
The only cooling to the pack is via the two vents in the rear window sil behind the middle rear passenger. The cooling is from the passenger A/C. No, it is normall just me in the car twuelfing.H
there is a fan in the pack that blows hot air into the truck and out a vent below the car.
But there is no AC or heat plumbed back there, this is the cause of the issues in my opinion. If they did some environmental conditioning on the pack these issues wouldn't be happening.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Wo ai Zheng!

Frankly, I'm just surprised Honda hasn't given you a new car and put your current one on the next boat to Japan so they could dissect the thing to figure out what's actually happening.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmrmnhrm
Frankly, I'm just surprised Honda hasn't given you a new car and put your current one on the next boat to Japan so they could dissect the thing to figure out what's actually happening.
they have gone out of their way to make sure i get ignored, including having the local dealership lie for them.

they obviously don't care about fixing the problem.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Enthusiast

WOW! I just read this thread and would love to see the doc that you mention if nothing else to keep on hand in case I end up having this issue.
So far, I have not seen this issue at all but I don't live in AZ or NV...living out in NJ, my temps are rarely 95+ degrees.

I'd love to know the outcome of this! Isn't there a Lemon Law about stuff like this? I surely wouldn't abandon Honda all together...at least not yet. I haven't seen anyone else having these type of issues on this board but I am a fairly new member too!

Sorry to hear about this issue...

HBJ

Old 10-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

twuelfing. If you note that on either side of the rear centre head rest there are two vents. These direct the cool air from the cabin to the battery pack. The fan helps draw the cool air to it and exhaust the hot air. I hope these vents are not covered with something.H

Old 10-09-2008, 05:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
twuelfing. If you note that on either side of the rear centre head rest there are two vents. These direct the cool air from the cabin to the battery pack. The fan helps draw the cool air to it and exhaust the hot air. I hope these vents are not covered with something.H
they are defiantly not covered, but they also aren't going to get too much cool air as they are high up in the volume of the cabin, far away from any vent and in direct sunlight. No matter what they aren't doing enough as the IMA system shuts down very frequently. and when this happens the AC doesnt really pump out cold air as the electric compressor motor also shuts down.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

don't know if this was checked into or not, or if it's a possibility....but harold makes mention of a fan that helps move cooler air to the pack and hotter air out....could the fan possibly have siezed up and this is causing the pack to overheat? i doubt this would be the first item any mechanic would look at....just a thought, but i'm no expert on the inner workings of the car!

Quick Reply: Dealer told me they dont know how to fix it!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands