Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH II-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/)
-   -   Got new HCHII today -- was "hybrid got wrecked" (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/got-new-hchii-today-hybrid-got-wrecked-12869/)

ShellyD 03-27-2007 06:24 PM

Got new HCHII today -- was "hybrid got wrecked"

So, my new 2007 HCHII is in the driveway to replace the 2006 that got wrecked recently. Guess I'll have to do a new sig! :D Moved book where we keep our MPG records into the new car today -- we took delivery of the previous HCHII in late August -- we had only filled it *12* times before it got wrecked on March 15....note even a full page in the little notebook.

At least I am familiar with hypermiling techniques right from day one with this car!!

cheers

bear15 03-27-2007 08:18 PM

Re: Got new HCHII today -- was "hybrid got wrecked"

We are glad it worked out for you. Good luck with high FE on this one. Did you offer to buy your old one back to save as parts, experimenting, etc.?

erscolo 03-27-2007 08:56 PM

Enjoy the new HCH....I know I enjoy mine.

ShellyD 03-28-2007 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by bear15 (Post 118312)
We are glad it worked out for you. Good luck with high FE on this one. Did you offer to buy your old one back to save as parts, experimenting, etc.?

Nope -- never even occurred to us. Besides, we still owed a lot on it so were glad when insurance paid off the loan on the wrecked one and we still got a check. The car had actually held all its value or even gone up some (either that, or they realized what the replacement cost of the new one would be!). Either way, it's good to have an HCHII back in the driveway!

highlanderhybrid 03-28-2007 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by ShellyD (Post 118290)
So, my new 2007 HCHII is in the driveway to replace the 2006 that got wrecked recently. Guess I'll have to do a new sig! :D Moved book where we keep our MPG records into the new car today -- we took delivery of the previous HCHII in late August -- we had only filled it *12* times before it got wrecked on March 15....note even a full page in the little notebook.

At least I am familiar with hypermiling techniques right from day one with this car!!

cheers

Alabaster Silver? I live near Alabaster, Alabama in Hoover.

noflash 03-29-2007 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by ShellyD (Post 118290)

Yes, I am noticing that my 2nd HCHII's first tank is going substantially better than the 1st HCHII's first tank. Did that make sense?

Of course, the salesman reset the trip A for me! Thanks...

ShellyD 03-30-2007 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by highlanderhybrid (Post 118482)
Alabaster Silver? I live near Alabaster, Alabama in Hoover.

:D Yes, Alabaster Silver Metallic -- I didn't name it! :D And I know roughly where Alabaster, AL is since I am in Auburn.

cheers

ShellyD 03-30-2007 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by noflash (Post 118529)
Yes, I am noticing that my 2nd HCHII's first tank is going substantially better than the 1st HCHII's first tank. Did that make sense?

Of course, the salesman reset the trip A for me! Thanks...

Makes perfect sense to me. Of course it's also nice warm weather now -- it really does make a big difference in the MPG.

cheers! :D