HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

How many here user a gird charger for their Honda Civic Hybrid Gen II?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 05:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How many here user a gird charger for their Honda Civic Hybrid Gen II?

Pack removed from car?

Picture of terminals, please.

Multimeter set to voltage, but did you have the leads plugged into the 10A circuit? If so, it's shunted for 10A no matter what the setting. Still, pack should not be hot at main terminals if removed from car.

Picture of multimeter, please?

Negative must go here (the little black wire on the relay terminal):

(complements of Hybrid Automotive)

More picture will help me help you.

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited by S Keith; 11-20-2015 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:07 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How many here user a gird charger for their Honda Civic Hybrid Gen II?

Well... yea, that'd explain it, I'll just take a pic... yea, I wired it wrong lol... http://imgur.com/vzFyTga

Oh as for the DMM, it's set to DC volts 200.... and just looked at it, **** lead is in the current spot...

I do have a sneaky suspicion that I arced the LED power supplies though, not the battery, considering I checked voltage across the terminal when it was still in the car, with the other meter, that's in the car, and has the leads in the proper place

Last edited by Valalvax; 11-20-2015 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:37 PM

Yes, you arced the supplies. They're probably fine. You did absolutely nothing to the battery. You arced 200V and 350mA. No worries.

And if it makes you feel any better, I have MANY Harbor Freight DVM that I have helped hasten to their death. I knew what to look for because... yes... I did it. More than once.

Steve

Old 11-20-2015, 07:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

So how do you know which is the negative and positive side of the relay without just knowing? I don't see any labels and the wires are both orange?

The negative side of our circuit goes to the left side, does the positive go to the right side?

Old 11-20-2015, 07:55 PM

See attached.

The master switch turns these on and off. Make sure the master is off until you are ready to charge unless you are just checking voltage. Remember... this bugger can kill you.

Attached Thumbnails How many here user a gird charger for their Honda Civic Hybrid Gen II?-install-c2-1-17a.jpg  
Old 11-21-2015, 08:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

Friggin crap, I can't even budge that screw a little bit, managed to mangle the head but that's it

Old 11-21-2015, 08:19 AM

It's at a tough angle, and your screwdriver can easily be in contact with the negative at that screw and the metal piece that forms the positive. Make sure the pack is off!

If you've completely killed the cross-head, you can use a dremel tool with the cutting wheel to carefully turn the cross-head into a slot for a flat blade screwdriver. If you get the urge to just cut it off and replace the screw, don't... It has blue loctite on it.

Last edited by S Keith; 11-21-2015 at 08:24 AM.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

Finally have it sucessfully charging, it's at ~185 from ~157, what is "full"?

Couple hours later it made it to 189-90 (flashing 188, 189, 190 gotta love HF quality, so I assume it's actually at 189)

Last edited by Valalvax; 11-22-2015 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:32 PM

Full when it stops going up for 8 hours not to exceed 24 hours. You'll probably go 192+

EDIT: are you going for a discharge too?

Last edited by S Keith; 11-22-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:27 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
Full when it stops going up for 8 hours not to exceed 24 hours. You'll probably go 192+

EDIT: are you going for a discharge too?
Not this time, I probably need it, if this doesn't help much I'll discharge after the holidays, for discharge need to charge, discharge, charge right?

Quick Reply: How many here user a gird charger for their Honda Civic Hybrid Gen II?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands