Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH II-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/)
-   -   IMA Not Assisting... (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/ima-not-assisting-13734/)

Jess 05-27-2007 08:55 AM

IMA Not Assisting...

I was driving from Fayetteville, NC to Charlotte yesterday. It was a 3 hour drive. On the way to Fayetteville, I was able to hit 60.5 mpg with no problems of any kind. However, on the drive back my battery was down to 4 bars and forced regen often. This was also due to the fact that there were a lot of hills to climb. I also found on 2 or 3 occasions that my IMA was not assisting, especially from a complete stop. When I got home my mpg was 59.4. It was like driving a different car.:(

Has anyone else had issues with their IMA not assisting? I've had it happen a couple of times before on some commutes around town. Note: I also have my DC cap removed to get the new one installed tomorrow. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I usually have my kids in the rear seats, but on this drive I had one adult.

greenhome 05-27-2007 08:58 AM

Re: IMA Not Assisting...

I have found on very long trip there will be an advantage due to overall decreae in total elevation accomplished or the reverse in the droping to a lower elevation. this being said somtimes with a lot of hill climbiing i suspect battery temperature may be up where the software my limit assist until the battery temperature decreases. This happens, in my experience with a lot of steep but short hill cliimbs.

Jess 05-27-2007 06:37 PM

Re: IMA Not Assisting...

Originally Posted by greenhome (Post 126643)
I have found on very long trip there will be an advantage due to overall decreae in total elevation accomplished or the reverse in the droping to a lower elevation. this being said somtimes with a lot of hill climbiing i suspect battery temperature may be up where the software my limit assist until the battery temperature decreases. This happens, in my experience with a lot of steep but short hill cliimbs.

That's a good point greenhome. I was driving with the AC on about 74 degrees with 2 other adults and one small child. I don't usually drive those kind of hills and I definitely don't drive with the AC on. All these factors may have had a hand in it.

Even today driving on the highway with the AC on (my wife was with me) at 7 battery bars it still wanted to force regen. It's rather irritating.