HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

IPOD dash mounting on HCH-II??

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Pale Driver
Default Re: IPOD dash mounting on HCH-II??

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8E467-.../dp/B0000ULJWS

I ordered one of theses Belkin TuneDoks ($10 from Circiut City) and am happy to say it works very well for very little money. This TuneDok has an adjustable neck so you can change the angle of the iPod to suit your view. All the wire fit into the center console and the pod is not in the way of anything else. It's made to fit into a cup holder, but I couldn't justify wasting one of those plus I can see the pod better in the up front area.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:13 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hybrid Eer
http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8E467-.../dp/B0000ULJWS

I ordered one of theses Belkin TuneDoks ($10 from Circiut City) and am happy to say it works very well for very little money. This TuneDok has an adjustable neck so you can change the angle of the iPod to suit your view. All the wire fit into the center console and the pod is not in the way of anything else. It's made to fit into a cup holder, but I couldn't justify wasting one of those plus I can see the pod better in the up front area.
Can you take a picture?

Are you saying it's in the bin under the aux/av connections? And it mounts there with suction?

Do you leave it there when parked?

Can you elaborate?

Thanks, Ian

Old 08-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Pale Driver

I do have pics but can't figure out how to post them. I MAY be an idiot. The pics are on my 'puter in jpeg.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Hybrid Eer
I do have pics but can't figure out how to post them. I MAY be an idiot. The pics are on my 'puter in jpeg.
No problem. This site will host a few pictures for you.

At the top of this page in an orange block is a link that says "Share". Click that and it will take you to the photo gallery.

Then click on the HCH section. Once in there look for a link above that says "Upload". You should then be able to browse to your jpegs on your computer and upload them.

Once you are looking at the full-sized picture on this website, right-click on the picture and select properties. On that panel that pops up will be a URL or address. Select and copy that URL (make sure to get all of it as it may be multiple lines).

Then go and post (reply to the thread). Just above the text area to type in are a bunch of icons. The one that looks like a yellow square with mountains is for images. Click on that, a window will pop-up and there you will paste the URL of the picture. Click ok. After you click "Submit Reply" the pic will be in your post.

Of course, now that you have this skill you must take many more exciting HCH pics and post all of them.

Have fun!

Old 08-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Pale Driver

Ah, noflash, I see the light now. Thank you.
As you can see from the pics, I pushed the rubber cup of the TuneDok into the little compartment beside the power outlet. The cup wedges in there well enough to keep the iPod steady while driving and the adjustable, ratcheting pod holder makes it easy to position it.
I remove the pod due to its high visibility when I leave the car. The holder has a small suction cup that holds onto the back surface of the pod. The suction cup has a small tab for easy release of the pod when it's time to go. The thing plugged into the power socket is a SEPARATE purchase, also by Belkin. I don't have the model# for it, but it is a charger and has a jack for a stereo miniplug cable (Radio Shack $3) that connects to the Civic's line-in jack. The charger has an amp with its own volume control which helps the Civics amp. I keep the Civic's volume at around 10 with the iPod, so there's no big volume change when I switch to the radio.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:44 AM

Ahhh... That is probably the best placement I have seen so far, but still that is a serious mess of wires! I actually have that Belkin charger, I just need a better way to mount the ipod itself.

Thanks for the pics, I'll consider it.

Looking forward to more pics!

Old 08-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Pale Driver

The mini-stereo cable I have is way too long, contributing to the mess o'wires. Radio Shack has one that's only 1 ft. long and would help that mess. Me, I just look away....

Old 08-31-2007, 01:32 PM

I think I will try this this weekend.
http://lifehacker.com/software/cars/...eap-295326.php

A cross between:

and:

Last edited by noflash; 08-31-2007 at 01:35 PM.