Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH II-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/)
-   -   My baby got crunched!! (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/my-baby-got-crunched-20521/)

okie mom 12-12-2008 09:43 AM

My baby got crunched!!

Someone ran a red light yesterday and crunched the front end of my baby!!:angry:

Waiting for the adjuster to tell me the damage. Is there anything I should know??:confused:

Superjay 12-12-2008 11:32 AM

Re: My baby got crunched!!

make sure they look at the engine mounts. what side did you get hit on? driver or passenger? if the passenger side, make sure they also look at the ABS module and the brake lines

okie mom 12-12-2008 11:55 AM

Pretty much the front end...more to the drivers side as the truck was traveling left to right.

The body shop I've choosen sends the car to Honda for the mechanical work. yeah!:)

kristian 12-12-2008 12:35 PM

This is probably common sense for any repair shop, but make sure that they don't use a standard paint oven--the batteries don't like that kind of heat!

Sorry to hear about your baby--I hope they fix it well!

rgx 12-12-2008 02:50 PM

If they replace one or two tires you will get the same problem as myself and a few others, with CVT sticky rpms at higher speed. Meaning, if you accelerate and rev up to 3500 rpm, it stays there and doesn't go back to 2000 rpm (or whatever is normal for the speed you are driving) until you slow down to a lower speed.

Bobs Metallic Pearl 12-14-2008 04:46 PM

INSIST on Honda OEM parts, you do not have to accept used or replacement parts. INSIST on matching tires for the reasons noted above. Do not be afraid of being a jerk, you were not at fault. Do not accept the first settlement for injury they offer and go to the Dr. to get checked out just in case.....it may take time for tissue damge/trama to show up.

Per K 12-14-2008 07:56 PM

I feel your pain! We were rear-ended in April this year, and got pushed into another truck in front. About $7,000 in damages. Had it fixed at a Honda dealer, though.

Superjay 12-17-2008 03:35 PM

when I got rear ended I went to the body shop my family has used for 25 years. They treated me really well, and had a Mercury adjuster on site... took about a week to get it fixed. They had to replace the trunk lid and rear bumper cover. They only use OEM parts, luckily. All in all, it was a good experience.

okie mom 12-24-2008 11:21 AM

Heard back from the adjuster today...they totaled my baby.

Which is for the best, I was going to have a hard time trusting that everything went back together the same as before the crunch!!

Even got the amount I really wanted to get...Merry Christmas to me!!:shade:

Now it's time to go shopping for a new baby, wish me luck!!:angel: Hope to buy before the end of the year to get the tax credit (little as it may be).

Merry Christmas all, and thanks for all the input and watch out for those crazy drivers!!

noflash 12-26-2008 07:07 PM

Wow, glad it's all working out. Getting another HCHII, I presume?

nf