Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH II-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/)
-   -   POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/poll-who-purchased-honda-care-extended-warranty-during-after-sale-7163/)

erscolo 04-06-2008 02:31 PM

Re: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

I purchased an extended warranty at the sale, 6 years, 120,000 miles, about the rate I have and will drive the car as I have 18,600 miles after 12 1/2 months. What I liked about the package is that when the warranty expires in 2013, if I have not needed it, I get the money paid out back. Granted, a dollar in 2013 will be worth less than the dollar of 2007 (which is not saying much), but it will still be something to the positive.

lawndart 04-14-2008 06:06 PM

Re: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

I bought mine from my insurance company. 7 year/100,000 mile warranty (bumper to bumper) is $26/every six months or about $350.

exbauer 04-16-2008 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by lawndart (Post 168448)
I bought mine from my insurance company. 7 year/100,000 mile warranty (bumper to bumper) is $26/every six months or about $350.

those are not the ones to get. when you take your car in to the dealer after your warranty expires and try to get something fixed under your aftermarket extended warranty is like pulling teeth. the dealer will have to get everything approved before they fix it and the aftermarket extended warranty is like insurance...they take forever to fix anything and find any way to not pay for it.

i would return that warranty and get an oem honda extended warranty.

lawndart 04-21-2008 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by exbauer (Post 168738)
those are not the ones to get. when you take your car in to the dealer after your warranty expires and try to get something fixed under your aftermarket extended warranty is like pulling teeth. the dealer will have to get everything approved before they fix it and the aftermarket extended warranty is like insurance...they take forever to fix anything and find any way to not pay for it.

i would return that warranty and get an oem honda extended warranty.

I am going to disagree with you on this. I purchased this exact type of warranty with both Hondas that I have owned previously. I have needed to use it once and it was absolutely the easiest thing in the world to use.