HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Regen Braking HCH-II

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Regen Braking HCH-II

Yes, we are off topic! Sorry! I'll answer here and if you want to move it elsewhere, please feel free to do so!

"The gen one display jumps 3 or 4 tenths at a time and the instant bar graph jumps like 4 whole mpg at a time, does the fancy new gen 2 do real tenths?"

I'm surprised to read this... I thought the HCHI and HCHII were almost identical in how these displays worked.

My display moves in wide swings until enough miles are in there to stabilize it. If I fill my tank and reset "A", then drive home up the big hill, each 10 second display snapshot can vary by 10 or 20 MPG!!! Once I get 100+ miles on the tank, it's very stable, and only changes one tenth at a time.

The instant bar graph is indeed "instant"... romp on the gas and it plummets. Get off the gas and it pegs at 100+. I believe each bar represents 5 mph. Sure wish that could "autoscale" and show finer increments (1 mph) OR add that "above average / below average" arrow!