No More Accord Hybrid !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 08:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: No More Accord Hybrid !!!!

Do the Lexus hybrids have any badges? I was behind one today and all I saw was 400h, or whatever the designation is. Seeing the H made me think it was a hybrid.

Old 04-19-2006, 08:44 PM

I went to Lexus.com and looked at pictures of the RX400h, and there is no HSD badge. There's just Lexus on the left, RX400h on the right.

Old 04-19-2006, 08:59 PM

Talk about a stealth hybrid!

Old 04-19-2006, 09:02 PM

That 400h looks pretty nice. I'd prefer that over the Hilander based on styling. Although, the added premium would keep me in the Hilander.

Actually, I'd prefer an Acura MDX hybrid. That would be a cool vehicle.

Old 04-24-2006, 10:12 PM
Enthusiast

USATODAY claims that Honda is not discontinuing the HAH!

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...undtable_x.htm

Old 04-25-2006, 04:46 AM

Well, the source article for this whole thread only spoke of cutting production, not killing it. We sort of took it from there, for a myriad of reasons, mostly rehashing and hearing ourselves talk. I don't think any of us seriously thought that Honda would kill off the species after a 2-year run, given the investment in the product. Once Honda goes down a path it largely sticks to it.

Hopefully they are hard at work figgerin' how to cram the 4-cylinder with tranny and IMA under the hood. As has been said many times before, THAT would be an instant 800lb gorilla.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Enthusiast

I can not understand this. Honda is going crazy when I was looking to buy this car in a 2006 body style there were only 2 dealers in Chicago with 2006 with Navi and that was a total of 2 cars. Now honda wants to cut production what are they thinking. Honda needs to get the dealers to stop trying to charge sticker for the cars. I will say that i found a few deals on 2005 HAH that were left on dealers lots but that was because they were charging sticker for the car for the first 8 months of production. Honda tell dealers to pass on savings to customer and the cars will move off of the lots. I love this car and the power it has. I smile every time I hit the gas and still get 28mpg.

Old 04-26-2006, 10:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Run_n_Late
Honda needs to get the dealers to stop trying to charge sticker for the cars.
It looks like they are starting to do that. I have had my Redondo Red Pearl HAH w/o Navi for a little less than a week now and paid $27,733 + tax, title, tags (Brandfon Honda in Branford, CT). I figured that I got a very good deal since Edmunds.com is still reporting a typical selling price for the HAH of around $30,500. So far I love the car, although my wife has driven it the most; I use the train to commute to work.

The other nearby Honda dealer (Westbrook Honda) still has a couple of '05 HAH's that they said they were willing to deal on. But since the '05 doesn't have the moonroof or VSA, I stuck with the '06.

Last edited by VMA131Marine; 04-26-2006 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:03 PM

"VMA131"... I thought they decommed when the A-4 was taken out of service? Harriers now?

Welcome to our little hybrid home! Even if there are some Army guys lurking around the site.

Old 04-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gonavy
"VMA131"... I thought they decommed when the A-4 was taken out of service? Harriers now?

Welcome to our little hybrid home! Even if there are some Army guys lurking around the site.
You are correct. VMA-131 was disbanded in 1994 along with the last Marine A-4 Skyhawks. There was talk of re-equipping the squadron with F/A-18s but I guess that idea went by the wayside.

I was in 131 from 1983 to 1987.

I'm really glad I found this forum. I came across it completely unexpectedly while searching for hints and tips for getting the most out of my new HAH.

Last edited by VMA131Marine; 04-26-2006 at 07:21 PM.

Quick Reply: No More Accord Hybrid !!!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands