Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Accord Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-accord-hybrid-27/)
-   -   Why do I see 3 different MPGs? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-accord-hybrid-27/why-do-i-see-3-different-mpgs-15091/)

andylee 08-29-2007 11:40 AM

Why do I see 3 different MPGs?

Hi, I drove the HAH to work for the first time today. I've only got about 20 miles on the car. Still on my first tank of gas. The trip odometer, the info screen, and the average (after pushing "history" on the trip computer screen) all show very different MPGs. Since I'm on my first tank of gas and most of my driving was on this commute, shouldn't they be more or less the same?

Andy

bar10dah 08-29-2007 07:30 PM

Re: Why do I see 3 different MPGs?

The information you seek is buried here in the threads. All you have to do is use the search function.

The short answer is, the odometer and the Navi gets its data from separate sources. Reason? No one truly knows.

georgej 08-29-2007 07:48 PM

Andy

Next time you fill up reset both trip A and trip B odometers . Also make sure on the setup screen to set the nav system to reset at fillup then check the differences. The nav system reads the distance as computed from the satilite? and the odo reads the wheel turns..they should be clode to but not exactly the same:confused:

andylee 08-30-2007 09:26 AM

Thanks, guys.

tigerhonaker 09-07-2007 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by andylee (Post 140958)
Hi, I drove the HAH to work for the first time today. I've only got about 20 miles on the car. Still on my first tank of gas. The trip odometer, the info screen, and the average (after pushing "history" on the trip computer screen) all show very different MPGs. Since I'm on my first tank of gas and most of my driving was on this commute, shouldn't they be more or less the same?

Andy

Andy,

Mine did the same thing as far as different readings from the different screens. As the other Posters have said, it is the difference in where the information is coming from to the different computers on board.