06' Civic gets 90mpg???

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Default Re: 06' Civic gets 90mpg???

I'm sure it's too late for the cars being delivered in January, and obviously is for the cars that already arrived and are being held, but I'm sure they will make the change to all the new cars being built now.

Interestingly, it hasn't seemed to have affected all the previous cars; I'm not sure why. I definitely need to ask my dealer about this when I get back to San Diego on Wednesday because I really hate not being able to record trip mileage for trips greater than 63 miles.

Old 12-30-2005, 06:43 PM
Razorx

Thanks for the repair info. Is there a Service Bulletin number for this yet?

I have the same problem on mine that I just bought two weeks ago...

Jesse

Old 01-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'm having this issue as well, mpg resets at 63 miles. I was going to use trip B as a lifetime mileage, but gave up after it jumped from 45 to 64 one night (hey this is not an Insight right?). I'll go ask about it next time I'm over at the dealership and probably call up Honda and add to the pool or complaints.

Old 01-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Enthusiast

I just picked up my car tonight. I cannot tell if the replacement gauge cluster has fixed the problem yet, but here is the information for it:

Tech hours required = 1.4

Fp-number = 78100-SJC-A14

Description = METER *** 8107021

The replacement was covered under warranty and thus did not cost me anything. I post in a few days after I see if it fixed the problem.

Old 01-05-2006, 07:56 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: 06' Civic gets 90mpg???

Originally Posted by geophrey
I just picked up my car tonight. I cannot tell if the replacement gauge cluster has fixed the problem yet, but here is the information for it:

Tech hours required = 1.4

Fp-number = 78100-SJC-A14

Description = METER *** 8107021

The replacement was covered under warranty and thus did not cost me anything. I post in a few days after I see if it fixed the problem.
Hi Jeff;
I hope it did correct your FE Cluster Reading problem. I look forward to reading your update on this situation.

Regards;

Terry

Old 01-06-2006, 09:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

Me too. I know there's no way I got 63 mpg last night... maybe on the last little stretch of my trip home, but not the whole up hill down hill trip.

Old 01-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Enthusiast

I have logged one full tank since my gauge assembly was replaced. So far so good. At 494.1 miles, my display read 51.8 mpg and when I crunched the numbers by hand, I got 55.23 mpg. While that is not exactly the same (I know that there is an error factor inherent in both calculations) it is close enough for me. In addition, the gauge fluctuates like a normal (what I expect) mpg gauge, i.e. only small changes and usually it moves by .1 mpg at a time.

Some people have asked for the name of my person at Honda Care. Unfortunately, at the moment, I cannot find were I placed his extension or full name, but I know his first name is Jeff.

As far as the real-time mpg goes, there is apparently nothing wrong with it according to Honda Care. It periodically resets it self for calibration. I have read about people spotting this every ~ 63 miles or so, but the Honda Care person did not know.

Old 01-11-2006, 09:22 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

As far as the real-time mpg goes, there is apparently nothing wrong with it according to Honda Care. It periodically resets it self for calibration.
I have seen this on my car too, and I don't have the 63 mile bug on the average MPG gauge, so I guess the two things are unrelated. I've only noticed it happen within a few miles of a cold start so far.

Old 01-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Razorx

I have logged one full tank since my gauge assembly was replaced. So far so good. At 494.1 miles, my display read 51.8 mpg and when I crunched the numbers by hand, I got 55.23 mpg. While that is not exactly the same (I know that there is an error factor inherent in both calculations) it is close enough for me. In addition, the gauge fluctuates like a normal (what I expect) mpg gauge, i.e. only small changes and usually it moves by .1 mpg at a time.

Some people have asked for the name of my person at Honda Care. Unfortunately, at the moment, I cannot find were I placed his extension or full name, but I know his first name is Jeff.

As far as the real-time mpg goes, there is apparently nothing wrong with it according to Honda Care. It periodically resets it self for calibration. I have read about people spotting this every ~ 63 miles or so, but the Honda Care person did not know.
Apparently Honda is holding up shipment of this part because after a period of time, owners are reporting the problem reoccurring. This is from the tech at the dealership calling Honda Care. Seems a little... strange.

Jesse

Old 01-15-2006, 04:57 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I just bought my car last week, and had NO problems. Mine was probably corrected before I saw it. My dealer took delivery around the end of December. Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: 06' Civic gets 90mpg???

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands