Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   '06 HCH map lights and Accord garage door opener remote (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/06-hch-map-lights-accord-garage-door-opener-remote-5952/)

cartunes 02-13-2006 11:27 AM

'06 HCH map lights and Accord garage door opener remote

I took a ride in my friend's Accord Hybrid yesterday and I noticed the map light/garage door opener looks very similar to the Civic's map light. If you look closely at the Civic map light you'll see a blank two blank areas: one is to the left of the microphone holes (the Accord has an LED in that space, I believe) and the other is at the rear of the part, a space large enough for three garage door opener buttons. I know auto manufacturers will often use the same parts on different models to save money and I'm wondering if anyone knows if the Accord part would fit our Civics? My garage door opener remote rattles and I'd love to be able to get rid of it by installing the Accord part.

Adam_HybridCivic 02-13-2006 01:30 PM

Re: '06 HCH map lights and Accord garage door opener remote

Originally Posted by cartunes
I took a ride in my friend's Accord Hybrid yesterday and I noticed the map light/garage door opener looks very similar to the Civic's map light. If you look closely at the Civic map light you'll see a blank two blank areas: one is to the left of the microphone holes (the Accord has an LED in that space, I believe) and the other is at the rear of the part, a space large enough for three garage door opener buttons. I know auto manufacturers will often use the same parts on different models to save money and I'm wondering if anyone knows if the Accord part would fit our Civics? My garage door opener remote rattles and I'd love to be able to get rid of it by installing the Accord part.

Very interesting, I will be willing to try it. Your right a lot of time parts are interchangable from different models, but sometimes there are small slight differences and a part I my try to put on just will not work.

GreenAndBlue 02-13-2006 01:51 PM

College Hills Honda has the retrofit Accord Homelink kit on their website...I had seen this a year or so ago, and someone else asked about it on Temple of VTEC - so check this out...it's a bit down the page. Install instructions there as well. Dunno if it's going to fit the 8th-gen Civic, take a look...

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/acc...5_interior.htm

tigerhonaker 02-13-2006 04:10 PM

Hi;

Can't wait to see how this works out. ;) Keep us Posted.

Terry

AZMerf 02-13-2006 05:07 PM

I wonder if those guys would take a return if it didn't work (or maybe they know if it will fit)? It's worth an email. When I get back tonight if nobody has posted it to them, I'll send them an email.

I agree. We need something like that. I was bummed the Auto Day/Night mirror didn't have it like some I've seen.

AZMerf 02-13-2006 07:38 PM

Here is the message I sent to those guys at College Hills Honda. I've purchase stuff there before and they've been pretty helpful.

Do you have any idea if this HomeLink Upgrade for an '05 Accord (Part Number: 39180-SDA-A32ZA) would fit in an '06 Civic? The housing look exactly the same from the picture. If you're not sure, what would be the return policy if I bought it an tried it out?
I'll let you know when I hear something.

Adam_HybridCivic 02-14-2006 03:15 PM

I am going to go to my dealer on Thursday and measure the part on the accord to get an idea if it fits. From the looks of it and in my oopinion I think it will fit. The wire connections should all be the same as well.

AZMerf 02-14-2006 06:45 PM

I would not mind purchasing it and trying the installation if I knew I could return it. I haven't heard from the College Hills Honda guys yet.

AZMerf 02-15-2006 10:59 AM

Disappointingly, here is the response from College Hills Honday:

The base unit and wiring harnesses for the Civic and Accord are different. Therefore the unit will more than likely not fit either one or both of them.

Adam_HybridCivic 02-15-2006 11:37 AM

Son of A..! I'd be willing to try it anyway, they might just be saying that so people don't try to do what we want to do. Maybe Iam wrong?