Anyone have close to or over 100k miles HCH CVT?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 06:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone have close to or over 100k miles HCH CVT?

It's not like they invented the engine from scratch, they have learned to improve, same goes with every part on that car. It's an evolution, nothing radical here.

Old 12-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Brains of the Operation

Originally Posted by nimbus2k
I actually prefer the HCH seats to the HAH seats - they're more..... "hugging." The Accord is more.... "Barcalounger."
I like how my Civic's seats fit like a glove. It feels good to settle into. Still, I've got a friend with a non-hybrid 05 Accord sedan, and her leather "Barcalounger" seats sure do make for a comfier long trip than the Civic's snugger seats.

Old 12-20-2005, 04:10 AM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Originally Posted by Civic Duty
I like how my Civic's seats fit like a glove. It feels good to settle into. Still, I've got a friend with a non-hybrid 05 Accord sedan, and her leather "Barcalounger" seats sure do make for a comfier long trip than the Civic's snugger seats.
I do the first "long" trip (only about 300 miles) in the new HAH this weekend (this is acutally my first non-travelling December Holiday since I can't remember when) so we'll see how it works out. The lumbar adjustment thing is cute, and the heated thing is good for the first 2 minutes in the car on a cold winter morning (or for driving to the gym at 5am in your warmup pants on same.)

I agree with what someone said in another thread that the Accord needs "something" (not sure what) with the headrests. Tilting, maybe. They just sit at sort of an odd angle (for somebody as tall as me) - the Civic ones worked a lot better.

My only real gripe with the new/improved 06 Civic interior is the (new) placement of the e-brake handle which now tries to peel off my right kneecap. Tho the addition of a more substantial arm rest/console there is a welcome addition to the punky little fold-down job that my 03 has.

Old 12-20-2005, 01:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nimbus2k
I do the first "long" trip (only about 300 miles) in the new HAH this weekend (this is acutally my first non-travelling December Holiday since I can't remember when) so we'll see how it works out. The lumbar adjustment thing is cute, and the heated thing is good for the first 2 minutes in the car on a cold winter morning (or for driving to the gym at 5am in your warmup pants on same.)

I agree with what someone said in another thread that the Accord needs "something" (not sure what) with the headrests. Tilting, maybe. They just sit at sort of an odd angle (for somebody as tall as me) - the Civic ones worked a lot better.

My only real gripe with the new/improved 06 Civic interior is the (new) placement of the e-brake handle which now tries to peel off my right kneecap. Tho the addition of a more substantial arm rest/console there is a welcome addition to the punky little fold-down job that my 03 has.
Can any OEM parts be assembled from the '04 or '05 to improve the armrest on the '03 or to put one on the passenger seat? My wife won't go with me on any long drives because she can't get comfy. I have to admit that I have never been in anything other than an '03 so I don't know if this was improved upon on later models. Any other suggestions would be welcome.