City driver pizza delivery

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Eco Accelerometrist
Default Re: A 2004+ Prius is a better bet.

Originally Posted by city driver
Hi you say the prius is only $2000 more.Here in canada a prius sell for 32,000 and the civic hybrid is only 26,000.there's a difference of $6000.

Thanks
Depending of "where" in Canada, you may not even get a Prius at MSRP. Yet, the HCH can be purchased for MSRP and often less. In my case, the package A Prius IIwould have cost me $11000 more than the HCH-2. Guess which one I got.

Local Toyota dealerships were just recently asking $4K-$6K more and you still had to wait more than 6 weeks.

MSantos

Old 07-26-2006, 09:08 AM
MPG FANATIC WITH GUZZLERS
Default Miller Toyota has 16 new Prius-MSRP priced

Miller Toyota has 16 new Prius(they are near DC,I think).They want true MSRP for them. Up until mid April they were selling PK 6 for $24600-about $2000 under MSRP. I paid $400 under MSRP in late May for a Pk 4($25,994-out the door, and we have 8.75% tax-selling price was roughly $23760-Jefferson parish LA).
I don't doubt for a second that many Prius are selling for over MSRP(especially in markets like CA).Even when someone reports they paid MSRP, it frequently isn't MSRP. They frequently pay the marked price, which has lots of dealer add ons(pin stripes, scotchgard, undercoating(they come stock with some undercoating) and lots of other useless BS. It also is tough to tease trade in and financing apart to figure out what you actually paid.
I don't doubt that Prius sold since April have been sold for over MSRP- the average Prius probably has a MSRP of $24000-(like a pk 4).I would bet the average selling price is more than that.
This dealer gouging is one of the reasons that Toyota doesn't have the deep loyality that Honda, or GM(THE PICKUP BUYERS) have. Yes, Honda dealers gouge, but it isn't as rapacious as Toyota dealers.Honda seems to keep their dealers on a shorter lease.Toyota dealers have beeen notorious for gouging for the last 25 years. Many folks will switch away from Toyota if another company(Honda,GM,NISSAN) developes a near equal product equally priced).Now Toyota makes excellent products(a bit boring, but excellent), so making a nearly equal product for the same price might be close to impossible with expensive union labor.The UAW workers do a good job-they produce a lot of product per hour,but their wages are so high-relative to Toyota's USA wages that GM has a tough job ahead of it. Honda on the other hand matches Toyota in most respects, but they never built the high margin big vehicles-V-8's- that lined Toyota's pockets.
Toyotas move to NASCAR is a way of buying the deep loyality they don't have.Honda has a deeply loyal following; they really are a different sort of corporation.They build the vehicle they think is the vehicle their customers need(safety, economy,green), and then they convince the customers to buy it based on these features. Toyota builds the vehicles its dealers can sell for the most $$; this explains why many Prius don't have side side curtains, but do end up with Bluetooth BS, aftermarket "leather pks" and fancy stereo CS.Yes,I know that all the Bluetoothed Prius have side side curtains, but BLUETOOTH BS comes with a $4000 option pk-the side side curtains are just a $600 option.What is more important-surviving a crash, or being able to use a phone or a computer while driving!? I can see why they bundle the side curtains with the BLUETOOTH BS!It is a disgrace to sell a very small $25000 vehicle without side curtains! Honda puts them in every $14000 Fits! Maybe 50% of Prius have them, and 5% of Corolla and 1% of Scions(another tiny death trap-if it doesn't have side side curtains).
Honda is a bit nannyish, but do you really think the customer knows more about what he needs than the company?There is one born every second, and Toyota knows this.
Enough anti Toyota bile-I own 2 of them, and have owned at least 8(if you count the Prizm)! Thanks.Charlie

Old 07-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: City driver pizza delivery

We use the HCH I at my office for delivery. We are a newspaper and deliver aand pick up ads all over town. A lot of stop and go. We are averaging 39 mpg for tlast year.

Clay

Old 07-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: City driver pizza delivery

clayk
39 mpg would be just perfect for me i would be happy with that.I average 24 mpg with a regular 2002 civic manual,with a/c on and off.

Last edited by city driver; 07-28-2006 at 01:27 PM.