Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   Civic (Gen 1) "Hacks"? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/civic-gen-1-hacks-6404/)

Olhado 03-15-2006 02:07 PM

Civic (Gen 1) "Hacks"?

I once had a print-out of various "hacks" that you could do to increase, for instance, auto stop frequency. Alas, I have misplaced it, and I think the folks at my local Honda dealership did some resetting. Does anyone know what these were? They required some combination of pressing and holding buttons when turning the key.

Thanks!

-O

chesleyn 03-16-2006 05:17 PM

Re: Civic (Gen 1) "Hacks"?

Would like to get my hand on the list for the HCH2 as well. I've heard they are listed in the service manual. Anyone know if this is true?

rigger 03-16-2006 06:01 PM

Here you go Olhado:

Click this for the link to the hack

Also let me be the first to say WELCOME!

Head on over the introductions section and you'll get plenty more positive input for any questions you may have.

Originally Posted by Olhado
I once had a print-out of various "hacks" that you could do to increase, for instance, auto stop frequency. Alas, I have misplaced it, and I think the folks at my local Honda dealership did some resetting. Does anyone know what these were? They required some combination of pressing and holding buttons when turning the key.

Thanks!

-O

Olhado 03-17-2006 11:47 AM

Thanks!

I've lurked here for a while. I'm not a hypermiler, but still enjoying my 2004 HCH CVT!

-O

rigger 03-19-2006 11:07 AM

You're Welcome. :)

I'm not much of a hypermiler as well and will soon loose what little hypermiler I have in me as I will be partially be reverting back to driving "normal". Still get good mileage but also I'll occassionaly pass people as well, heck I may even go over the speed limit.