Extended Warranty Good!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 05:46 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Extended Warranty Good!

Good news, Got the car back and all is well. You don't realize how bad a problem is until it is fixed. I talked with the Dealer's Service Manager, a very nice man, about the transmission problems and was told that it was probably bad from the get go. I always noticed it took a bit of time to go into reverse and would range about the ratios while driving, kind of like slipping in and out of gear. But the main issue was the “Off Idle Clutch” making the car extremely rough when taking off from idle. The creaking and groaning I had been hearing was evidently the broken motor mount, because that has gone away too; had thought it to be the rack and pinion as many who have this kind of car reported. The dealer told me that they would mail me the receipt because of all the paper work involved, so please be patient and I will post it ASAP. By the way since the O2 sensor has been replaced my mileage is back up to 54.8 on my daily commute, it had been down to the upper 40’s when the check engine light was on.

“Thank Goodness for the Extended Warranty”

Tony

Old 07-25-2006, 01:03 PM
Enthusiast

Ugh- I feel used and abused.

I paid something like $1190 for my 7 Yr/100,000 extended warranty at my dealership in Seekonk, MA (not sure if it's a HondaCare one, I'll have to check, but I sure hope it is). Should I put my dunce cap on now?

Although, what they did say, was that if I don't use it in the 7 Years, or the 100,000 miles, that within 30 days after my 7 years is up (or the 100,000), I can go back to the dealership, and get a check back for the full amount. Of course, in 7 years, inflation's going to make that worth less I'm sure.

I wonder if they're banking on something going wrong with the car before then.

Old 07-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I think that's a great deal, I wish I had a warranty right now. And they will pay you back if you don't use it? WOW!!

Old 07-25-2006, 01:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Interestingly, for 2006 models, the oxygen sensor is already covered under the PZEV warranty for 15 years / 150,000 miles. This warranty comes standard with the car, as long as it is purchased and driven in CA, NY, ME, VT, MA, CT.

Check out this link:

http://www.hondanews.com/catID2045?m...70437&mime=asc

I'm not trying to say extended warranties are bad, but it's important to realize what is covered under the standard warranty, and if there are any special state laws protecting the car, before spending a lot of money on the extended warranty.

Old 07-31-2006, 06:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

Pardon me for a stupid question, but I assume this is the exact same honda care warranty that your dealer is trying to sell you without the high markup? My dealer wanted something like $980 for 6/100K. I can get 8/120K for $880 with a $100 deductable. I also assume this is good for repair at any honda dealer even if you move? Lastly will it cover all of the hybrid specific parts like batteries and motor after the 8/80,000 is over?

Old 08-04-2006, 06:19 AM
Enthusiast

Don't worry, just have the tranny flushed and or change the fluid every 10,000 miles or so.

Tony

Old 08-16-2006, 09:31 AM
Enthusiast

Hello All,

I have been a owner of HCH II since last couple of months. I have a question on extended warranty. During the buying process my dealer wanted to sell me the extended warranty. But after reading the reviews on this site I did not fall for the marketing gimmicks.

Although I would like to buy the warranty. Could you let me know if I should be getting it from Sannucci Honda? Is it good? Also I am in MA.....does that make a difference?? Also I have around 4200 miles on my car since I bought it in June. Will that make a difference in how much I pay for the ex-warranty.

Thanks
now

Old 08-16-2006, 10:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

I would check around first before comitting to an extended warranty. I purchased a 6/120k $0 ded warranty from a honda dealership in Louisiana called Moss. I think their websites is mossisboss.com and email the finance person by the name of Pascual and he will send you a quote. I paid $825 for my warranty from him. It's an actual Hondacare warranty in which my dealer (Herb Chambers) wanted to charge me about double for a year less coverage. So it pays to shop around. I did check the saccucci honda for warranty is this is close to where I work but the rate for a Rhode Island resident is much more for some reason.

By the way, it is considered a new car if it has less than 6k miles. So yours would qualify for a new car warranty.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

For Mogryph: I think if you purchased a extended warranty within a certain period of time that you can cancel and get your dollars back.

Last edited by Mikeyt758; 08-16-2006 at 10:05 AM.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:28 AM
Active Enthusiast

Since you live in MA, a "clean" state, be sure you understand what is already covered under the standard warranty before purchasing the extended one:

http://www.hondanews.com/catID2045?...670437&mime=asc

The extended warranty duplicates the standard warranty for any emissions-related failures, including the oxygen sensor, as well as any failures in the hybrid powertrain. These compoenents have additional coverege, in "clean" states with laws for PZEV vehicles, for 15 years / 150,000 miles or 10 years / 150,000 miles depending on the specific component.

The extended warranty covers regular powertrain and other equipment over the 3 year / 36,000 miles or 5 year / 60,000 miles standard warranty on non emission and hybrid-related components.

If you decide to go with the extended warranty, you have until 6000 miles and it doesn't matter where you get it from, as long as it is a genuine HondaCare Extended Warranty.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty Good!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands