How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 09:16 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Have y'all actually signed the papers on the car yet? I still keep getting mixed messages, even from tax accountants, about whether the date of signature or the date of drive-off constitutes the sales date in regards to the 2006 tax credit. My incentive has just increased due to the extension of the sales tax deduction into 2006, so I don't want to make a potential $2500-3000 mistake.

Old 12-11-2005, 09:19 AM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Originally Posted by biglakerider
I too am waiting for Jan 06. I have one on order. I wanted the blue interior without nav but wasn't fussy about exterior color so the dealer took the first he could get which will be a magnetic pearl. Ideally I would have chosen silver but I think it will be ok. I have gone in the last two years from a Suburban to a WRX STI and now the hybrid. I loved the STI but just wasn't comfortable economically and ecologically in it. I am a little old for a rice rocket but I guess it was cheaper than a new wife. I live on the shores of Lake Superior and drive 100 miles daily. I have some concern re the winter capabilities of my new Honda but have decided it doesn't make sense to own a vehicle that has capabilities utilized only a few times each year. I will be putting on Blizzak revo's ASAP. My experience should be interesting given the extreme climate, 10% ethanol use and no time in a two wheel drive vehicle in the last 15 years. Any thoughts on light, aero rims to mount my snows on?
Hi biglakerider; Nice to have you on Board here at (GreenHybrid) and let me now see if I can assist you on your question of (Light-Weight-Rims) for your HCH.

Click on this and go to (Post # 8) Tim/Real Name Paul:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...wheels%2Ftires

Hope this helps you out and if not you can do a search and see other options on different Threads.

HTH;

Terry

Old 12-11-2005, 09:23 AM
G.H. Contributor
Question Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Originally Posted by jazzz333
I'm waiting for a HCH II ,count me in..opal silver blue with navi to be precise.
Hi jazzz333; Nice to see you on here after talking with you on the (Chat Room), hope everything is going well and Did You get the Sales training Book and DVD'R Disc from your dealer to read and watch?

Regards;

Terry

Old 12-11-2005, 09:51 AM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Originally Posted by guvmint_cheese
Have y'all actually signed the papers on the car yet? I still keep getting mixed messages, even from tax accountants, about whether the date of signature or the date of drive-off constitutes the sales date in regards to the 2006 tax credit. My incentive has just increased due to the extension of the sales tax deduction into 2006, so I don't want to make a potential $2500-3000 mistake.
I have a thought about this and now that I just (Talked) to our (Title-Clerk) on the cell phone I am really sure.

So; here goes; placing an order on a vehicle is (NOT) purchasing it.

A (Final-Purchase) is when you go into the (Business-Office) and sit down with that Business Manager and (He or She) runs the "CONTRACT" through the computer and you and or you and the wife or whom ever "SIGN" the Bottom of the Sales Contract and pay your deposit and or whatever arrangements you have made with the dealer to pay for the vehicle. Now it is at this point that you have (Legally-Purchased) the vehicle as far as the government/state etc. is concerned.

In some cases some states have a 3-day wait, that a buyer can have the opportunity to change His/Her Mind.

I hope this answers your question on what is considered a final purchase. I also have a 06 HCH ll (Ordered) and will take delivery after the 1st of Jan. but I have not (Legally-Purchased-It) yet until I go in and sign the Final paperwork and get my copy of the purchase.

HTH;

Terry

Old 12-11-2005, 01:01 PM
Enthusiast

hi Terry, still waiting for the local honda dealers to get the dvd , and i did read the entire manual on the pdf file that you hooked me up with the last time we connected, thanks again Rob....

Old 12-11-2005, 01:17 PM
G.H. Contributor
Arrow Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Originally Posted by jazzz333
hi Terry, still waiting for the local honda dealers to get the dvd , and i did read the entire manual on the pdf file that you hooked me up with the last time we connected, thanks again Rob....
Robert;

Your most (Welcome). I hope your Dealer gets the DVD'R Disc soon so you can view it. It's pretty interesting. Honestly, I really find it hard to believe that they do-not have that DVD'R Disc already because I watched it months ago now. I kinda think they might be pulling someones leg.

Terry

BTW: Oh-Well we will have our HCH ll's soon and away we go:

Old 12-11-2005, 03:25 PM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

I have a Magnetic Pearl on order. WAS suppose to be in late December with delivery in early January, however the dealer has only received one (1) HCH so far and there are 4 or 5 ahead of mine, so unless a whole truck load arrive in the next couple of weeks, I don't think I will be getting it in early January, but that is OK, as I live in SE PA and taking a new car out in the cold and snow is like taking your baby son or daughter out in the cold.

Old 12-11-2005, 04:56 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Originally Posted by lkewin
I have a Magnetic Pearl on order. WAS suppose to be in late December with delivery in early January, however the dealer has only received one (1) HCH so far and there are 4 or 5 ahead of mine, so unless a whole truck load arrive in the next couple of weeks, I don't think I will be getting it in early January, but that is OK, as I live in SE PA and taking a new car out in the cold and snow is like taking your baby son or daughter out in the cold.
Hey lkewin, as long as you get it (Right)?

The Wait Will Be Worth It: (IMO)

Terry

Old 12-12-2005, 07:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

I am also waiting for a January delivery for my HCHII. It would seem like the official date for accepting the vehicle would be the date on the registration as that is when the state says it's yours.

Old 12-12-2005, 09:16 AM

I have heard the date you sign the contract is the date of official delivery; the dealer then turns in this contract to Honda to get the monthly or yearly bonuses, and the dealer has you buying the car in 2005 but you told the IRS you bought it in 2006, that's a contradiction that may be noticed and you won't get your tax credit.

Quick Reply: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands