How much did you Pay?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 06:24 PM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264
Default Re: How much did you Pay?

$1100 under MSRP for Non-Nav Magnetic Pearl. The only other costs were Tax tags and title. No Dealer Prep fee or otehr mark-ups. I used the Costco Buyer program with 1% below best price policy to get the car for $250 under MSRP originally. Then I took that price and emailed 8-10 delaers with an hour or so of where I live and got two dealers that said they would beat the price. Then took the best price from the other dealers back to my original dealer and they beat it by 1%. Probibly could have ping ponged back to the second dealer as they claim to "beat any price", but decided $1100 under MSRP was acceptable and did left the fist dealer with a signed contract and all parties smiling

Old 02-08-2006, 06:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lkewin
$1100 under MSRP for Non-Nav Magnetic Pearl. The only other costs were Tax tags and title. No Dealer Prep fee or otehr mark-ups. I used the Costco Buyer program with 1% below best price policy to get the car for $250 under MSRP originally. Then I took that price and emailed 8-10 delaers with an hour or so of where I live and got two dealers that said they would beat the price. Then took the best price from the other dealers back to my original dealer and they beat it by 1%. Probibly could have ping ponged back to the second dealer as they claim to "beat any price", but decided $1100 under MSRP was acceptable and did left the fist dealer with a signed contract and all parties smiling
Good for you.

Lots of people think what you did was unethical.
I don't.
Every car sells for as much as each dealer can get out of each seller.

Dealers want to charge more.
Buyers want to pay less.

Neither is being a monster.
Business is business.

Congratulations!

Old 02-08-2006, 06:55 PM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

Originally Posted by kenny
Good for you.

Lots of people think what you did was unethical.
I don't.
Every car sells for as much as each dealer can get out of each seller.

Dealers want to charge more.
Buyers want to pay less.

Neither is being a monster.
Business is business.

Congratulations!
Thank you. Both dealers knew I had them in a bidding war. I really do not see this as any diffrent then buying anything for the best price you can. People do it every day after looking at the ad's in the Sunday Paper and going out to buy electronics at Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.

Here is a link to anotehr site that has a nice "Price Pulse" showing what otehrs arounbd you are paying http://hybridcars.com/pricepulse/index.php

Old 02-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Enthusiast

Just got a quote for @22484 for a 06 HCH with navi. Need to add $550 destination+$ 289 processing+tax and tag total around $24000.

I am wondering if I should wait a little longer. When camry comes out, we will have more negotiation power.

Old 02-10-2006, 04:25 PM
Enthusiast

I mentioned this before.

HCH 2; $21,000, no navigation, plus destination charge, dealer fee, Tax.
It was "take it or leave Mr. Dealer !" thing. He took it.

Old 02-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Enthusiast

Well I finally found a deal that was acceptable to both me and the dealer. I was willing to pay MSRP and nothing above, plus I wanted 12000 as a trade in on my truck (kelly blue book was 11,300). After 3 dealerships and some heavy negoiating on my end, I ended up getting a Magnitic Pearl with Navi for MSRP and they gave me 11,400 for my truck. When I first walked onto that lot that night, the negotiations started with the navi being priced at $26350 (they had a "Market Adjustment" BS fee added on) and only offering me $9500 for my truck. So all and all, I'm fairly happy about it. It should be here anywhere between a week and a month...

Old 02-13-2006, 03:26 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: How much did you Pay?

Originally Posted by Utah
Well I finally found a deal that was acceptable to both me and the dealer. I was willing to pay MSRP and nothing above, plus I wanted 12000 as a trade in on my truck (kelly blue book was 11,300). After 3 dealerships and some heavy negoiating on my end, I ended up getting a Magnitic Pearl with Navi for MSRP and they gave me 11,400 for my truck. When I first walked onto that lot that night, the negotiations started with the navi being priced at $26350 (they had a "Market Adjustment" BS fee added on) and only offering me $9500 for my truck. So all and all, I'm fairly happy about it. It should be here anywhere between a week and a month...
Hey John;

Way to go. Let us know when you get it.

Terry

Old 02-13-2006, 05:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Utah
Good deal. There appears to be some room if you're willing to work at it. Welcome aboard. When are you supposed to take delivery?

Old 02-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Enthusiast

They told me it would be anywhere from a weak to a month. There were 2 left in the state of Florida that they were hoping they could do a dealer transfer, but both sold this weekend. So now I'm probably looking at closer to a month. Not to happy that they gave me a 05 Taurus to drive in the mean time...

If anyone is interested on how to prepare before going to the dealership check out this link. I originally stumbled upon this back in 04 before buying my dodge dakota and it saved me close to $10,000 on the deal. And then I re-read it again before shoping around for the HCH and was able to negotiate quite a bit of savings again...

www.carbuyingtips.com