IMA Light on 2006

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: IMA Light on 2006

Originally Posted by 06HCH - MP
Got another call from the dealer. Honda Tech said to replace the battery pack and that it will be here on Tuesday of next week. . By the way, they rented me a PT Cruiser till then.
There you go.. new battery and a unique ride. I have not drove a PT Cruiser you have to let me know your thoughts.

Cheers!

Old 01-19-2006, 04:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ElanC

Last night during a 50 mile drive I noticed that the battery charge never went over 7/8. On previous similar trips it has always reached full. I wonder why.

I notice that sometimes too. I will not get a full charge. It has only been full once or twice, no matter how hard I try to get it up. I would think the bar would go up under a long full charge brake to a stop sign. I have watched it go up on a long drive to stop at that point as well. Maybe my guage has become off and it needs a recal to show more accuracy. As long as I still have assist and regen I am not going to worry too much since it registers by estimation of usage of assist and regen until it does recalibrate.

Old 01-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

Got another call from the dealer. Honda Tech said to replace the battery pack and that it will be here on Tuesday of next week. . By the way, they rented me a PT Cruiser till then.
Just a thought: if the dealer needs to get you a rental car for X number of days while your hybrid is being serviced, theoretically, shouldn't they either give you another hybrid or compensate you for the difference in fuel costs? It's not (necessarily) your fault your car has a problem.

It's probably not practical for the businesses, of course. Just a thought.

Old 01-19-2006, 05:59 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: IMA Light on 2006

Originally Posted by Kintak
Just a thought: if the dealer needs to get you a rental car for X number of days while your hybrid is being serviced, theoretically, shouldn't they either give you another hybrid or compensate you for the difference in fuel costs? It's not (necessarily) your fault your car has a problem.

It's probably not practical for the businesses, of course. Just a thought.
Hi Kintak;

I work at a dealer and the way the Warranty works is this: If we have to keep your vehicle over Night for repairs we will provide you with Transportation.

It does not say, we will put you in the exact same kind of vehicle. If you think about it, would that almost be next to "Impossible"?

Just as an Example: How many 2006 HCH ll's are sitting on Dealers lots for sell? I think you see what I am saying now, Right?

Great thought but not very likely that it will ever work that way.

HTH

Terry

Old 01-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

In general there are not many Hybrids sitting on lots new or used. I think it would be nice to get a Hybrid loner if your hybrid is getting serviced, but it is just not feasable right now. Maybe in a few years with all the other makers putting thier hands in the mix ... which reminds me of the saying about too many cooks ...

Old 01-20-2006, 06:25 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tko4you
There you go.. new battery and a unique ride. I have not drove a PT Cruiser you have to let me know your thoughts.

Cheers!
Hey tko4you,

They did do me right with the rental and I'm very happy it will be ready by Wed. of next week. The PT Cruiser is nice, but it is definately not in the same category as the civic as far as refinement. The cabinet is pretty loud and the wind noise starts at about 40mph but, not bad for the price. I wouldn't buy one though.

As far as being compensated for the difference in gas, I think that's a bit petty. I will only have it for about a week which maybe translates to $15. I can live with that.

Old 01-20-2006, 06:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hey tko4you,

The PT Cruiser is nice, but it is definately not in the same category as the civic as far as refinement. The cabinet is pretty loud and the wind noise starts at about 40mph but, not bad for the price. I wouldn't buy one though.
I wonder if one gets flamed for stating "typical domestic" .

Thanks for the update!

Old 01-20-2006, 07:15 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tko4you
I wonder if one gets flamed for stating "typical domestic" .

Thanks for the update!
I had a feeling that might happen. My wife drives a Chrysler Pacifica. She loves the car and it is very well made. I think American cars have gotten much better, but still have a long way to go in the subcompact arena.

Old 01-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Enthusiast

Great news. I got another call from the dealer to go pick up my car. It turns out that they removed the battery from another 06 HCH they had in stock and put it in mine. i couldn't be happier that I have my car back and that I have such a great dealer. Kudos to Honda for resolving my issue in such a quick manner.

Old 01-20-2006, 04:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

that is great, most dealers wouldn't put themselves through more work unless they absolutely had to. You are lucky to have a customer oriented dealer. Have fun!

Quick Reply: IMA Light on 2006

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands