Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replaced

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replac

I just got mine fixed, along with a strut that was evidently bad. The car rides noticeably better thanks to the control arms and an alignment on Honda's dime.
Motor Werks in Barrington, IL is definitely the best dealership I've dealt with in 5 dealers I've bought cars from over the years. Their service is top-notch.
the only thing that irked me was that Honda would not help me in any way with the excessively worn tires b/c the car has 29.5K miles on it. the cutoff is evidently 25K miles. I have two 2006 Hondas bought new, you figure they might throw a loyal customer a bone or something.

Last edited by medicmike; 04-05-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:52 PM
No Spin Enthusiast
Default Re: Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replac

Originally Posted by erscolo
I don't believe the upper control arm issue affects all 2007s at least. I have had mine checked, both at the dealership that I trust and at an outside Honda shop, and neither found any issues. My tires are the original set, now with 18,500 miles on them and no uneven wear issues.

I agree with you. I had mine checked at the dealer and the tires show normal wear. I have a Galaxy Gray 2007 also with 19000 miles on it now. No problems so far with the original Dunlops.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:02 AM
iSteve

Can someone please tell me the new specs camber and toe on the new upper control arms

Old 04-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChrisG
I agree with you. I had mine checked at the dealer and the tires show normal wear. I have a Galaxy Gray 2007 also with 19000 miles on it now. No problems so far with the original Dunlops.
My tires also had no noticeable wear (I keep them properly inflated and rotated them). The dealer fixed the upper control arms and the car drives better and quieter. If your dealer is telling you that your 2007 is okay, they are lying. The TSB says ALL 2006-2007 Civics. You may want to try a different dealer. If you don't get this fixed, I don't think you will encounter any major problems. It seems like you are taking good care of your tires.

Originally Posted by Steve
Honda Australia have refused my Warranty Claim
My Wheel alignment on the rear camber is Left -1.55' Right -2.10'

The specification is -.45' (Target -1.39') +1.05'

They are not interested in the TSB as its for other countrys,

Visually you can see a difference between the wheels, and also when looking at 2006 -2007 models compared to 2008 models

What do I do my rear tyres are shagged!
If you really want to get this fixed, you can get the upper control arms from College Hills Honda for about $50USD each, then take them to a private mechanic and have them install it.

Originally Posted by mzip
Any chance our 2006 HCH's have the correct camber arms..asked service tech at dealership today about tsb and they said our camber arms were correct, and the tsb didn't apply to our vehicle. They only looked at one of our HCH's. I thought, from looking at the bulletin that all 06's had the wrong arms. I am really getting disgusted with Honda quality.

Any suggestions for getting this problem resolved before I buy yet another set of tires for these cars?

I don't really have time to run all over the world trying to get the problem resolved as the nearest dealership is over 1hr away.
You may want to try emailing/calling dealerships around you. If the nearest oe is 1 hr away, I'm not sure that would be too convenient. Unless you bought your cars used, there is 0% chance that you have the correct arms. Keep trying and good luck.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Enthusiast

just FYI the tsb doesnt apply to every single civic in '06 and '07

its nearly all but not all. but keep in mind that not every car will see the effects. the tsb is there in case the symptom shows itself. usually when its categorized as all its because of an error in manufacturing that cant get narrowed down to a specific vin range. the control arms arent all bad but they havent narrowed down a specific vin range or they are spread amongst the entire vin. so yes the tsb applies to all except what i listed below but that doesnt mean that your car actually needs the repair. i see way more civics that dont need the arms and alignment then i do that need the repair

2006-2007
2 door all except si and honda accessory HFP package
4 door all except si

Old 04-07-2008, 09:24 AM

Interesting. I wonder why they haven't found a VIN range taken action. It doesn't seem very responsible.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:14 PM
iSteve

I have emailed Honda Japan with copies of this thread My Vin and the TSB concerned, as honda Australia havent and wont identify an issue regardless that the specs seem to have changed for 2008 models, they simply stated that as 2008 has stability control they may have changed the specs.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by bullet4
just FYI the tsb doesnt apply to every single civic in '06 and '07

its nearly all but not all. but keep in mind that not every car will see the effects. the tsb is there in case the symptom shows itself. usually when its categorized as all its because of an error in manufacturing that cant get narrowed down to a specific vin range. the control arms arent all bad but they havent narrowed down a specific vin range or they are spread amongst the entire vin. so yes the tsb applies to all except what i listed below but that doesnt mean that your car actually needs the repair. i see way more civics that dont need the arms and alignment then i do that need the repair

2006-2007
2 door all except si and honda accessory HFP package
4 door all except si
Tony,

Are you a Honda tech?

nf

Old 04-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Enthusiast
Default Replaced

I emailed Scott Robinson Honda in Torrance Ca. that I wanted my control arms replaced. (The car seemed to be riding normal) They called back with an appt. time. They were professional and friendly. The only gripe is that it took 2 days to complete the job.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by noflash
Tony,

Are you a Honda tech?

nf

yes sir ive spent 5 years with acura 1 year with infiniti and the last 2 years with honda. before that i built engines for honda powered race cars be it on road off road drag race or top speed

Quick Reply: Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replaced

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands