Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   Negative camber/suspension query (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/negative-camber-suspension-query-17658/)

cdyer_2000 04-04-2008 09:44 AM

Negative camber/suspension query

Do others note that either because of a lower suspension and/or side skirts that the HCH scrapes on even mile inclines/driveways? I have a *tiny* low angle ramp of a driveway and SSSCCCCRRRAAAPE...!

Also I've noticed a race-car like negative camber in the rear wheels (yes my trunk is empty). So it seems like it's lowered from the factory for better aerodynamics, but suffers the exotic supercar fate of being too low. Anyone else?

caholla 04-04-2008 11:52 AM

Re: Negative camber/suspension query

I guess I'm used to it...my Miata was even lower and would scrape on normal speedbumps.

giantquesadilla 04-06-2008 09:41 AM

The car is not that low, but I have noticed it scraping a few times. I have to take a certain exit from my work parking lot, because all the other ones scrape the bottom.

bullet4 04-06-2008 12:55 PM

you may also want to make sure that your splash guard/shield under the motor is properly attached. the normal civics dont have these but the hybrids do and ive seen quite a few hanging on the back end of it and causing scrapes

Estoril73 04-06-2008 10:34 PM

Our cars do sit lower than the other trims but not "racer" low in order to achieve the best aerodynamics. Also, we do have extra plastic on the undercarraige which also contributes to aerodynamics.

noflash 04-07-2008 10:56 AM

Enter your driveway at an angle, not head on.

gumby 04-10-2008 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by noflash (Post 167647)
Enter your driveway at an angle, not head on.

And slower than you think you should. Works for me!