Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   Paint Chipping on Hood (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/paint-chipping-hood-10777/)

pingpongdave 11-13-2006 07:13 PM

Re: Paint Chipping on Hood

I totally fill you pain!!! I don't know how many of chips/nicks I have on the front end of my vehicle!(Alabaster Silver) One big huge one, a dent, down to metal! I purchase it in late June.

The paint is So Thinn layered painted! I heard all Japanese cars are like this, but this Civic Hybrid beats the books!

Kinda Up=sets me and I plan to complain to American Honda!

Pretty Krazy and for the investment we maid on this car they , American Honda otta give us atleast a BRA or something!!!

I hope you all plan on doing the same...To Send Them A message!
PPD

psyshack 11-13-2006 07:40 PM

Honda has been putting very thin paint on there cars for several years now. Even the Acuras get the thin paint deal. They must be saving money on paint so they can help fund building jets...

mishra 11-14-2006 07:58 AM

What did you for this, including installation, if you don't mind my asking.

Thanks.

Aneil

Originally Posted by felixdacat
Steve,

No i did not install it myself. A shop installed it for me. Theres a 5 year warranty w/the bra against bubbling, discoloring etc. One of the main reasons why i had a shop install it for me is because if they mess up, THEY will have to fix it on their cost, even if it means starting all over. If I mess up, i would probably be SOL (sh*t out of luck) and would to buy a whole new clear bra costing me more money.

felixdacat 11-14-2006 08:11 AM

Sorry, not sure what you're asking... I just took the car to the shop and they installed the bra for me.

Originally Posted by mishra
What did you for this, including installation, if you don't mind my asking.

Thanks.

Aneil

Mikeyt758 11-16-2006 11:38 AM

Personally, I think the clear bra, while effective looks horrible when it has been on there for awhile. Especially after the car has been waxed! My brother in law has one on his new TL and I thought it looked sucky!! Of course, just my opinion.