A-pillar rattle

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default A-pillar rattle

Does anyone know how to remove the a-pillar cover to get to that annoying rattle that a lot of us HCH owners seem to have? I really don't want to start poking and prying and possibly scar it up. Do I need a special tool? Any help would be appreciated.

Howard

Old 09-22-2005, 11:51 AM
Default Re: A-pillar rattle

I think I gave a summary earlier. I will try to take pictures soon.

Old 09-22-2005, 02:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

I should use the "search" option before I open my big mouth. Thanks Tom, I located your previous post. If you could do pictures, that would be very helpful.

Thanks again,
Howard

Old 09-23-2005, 09:31 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tbaleno
Re: HCH Life Expectancy

nope. basicly you just pull the b pillar about 1/2 way up (I believe it covers another pice of trim) Then you can pull the weather striping toward the front of the car until you are past the a pillar. This will reveal a gap where you can get your fingers in to pull the apillar. There is two or three plastic clips. that hold it to the car and the bottom of it just slides into the dash. So pull it out and kind of pull it up a little. Thats how you remove it. I should take pictures and make a how to. Maybe I will do that when I get home.

Edit: Well, I was to lazy. I guess theres always tomorow.
I think I gave a summary earlier. I will try to take pictures soon.
So I tried removing the B pillar moulding and no luck. There are 2 moulding on the b-pillar, the upper one goes to the roof from midway on the door... the lower portion moulding goes from midway all the way to bottom of door seal.

Is the goal to get at the weather stripping? If so, is it the lower moulding on the b-pillar that is needed to be removed?

Old 09-23-2005, 10:55 AM

Yes. And you don't realy have to remove it just lift move the top bit of it away to get to the weather stripping. The weather strip does not go far past the lower pillar. The upper pillar can be left untouched.

Old 09-23-2005, 01:45 PM
Enthusiast

There's a Honda technical service bulletin for this, #04-031 - May 2004, "Interior A-Pillar Trim Rattles." I had it done at the dealer under warranty and it took care of the problem.

Mike

Last edited by solar dad; 09-23-2005 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:30 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

yeah, way pass waranty in my case. I'll try it again this evening. Thanks tbaleno.

Old 09-24-2005, 01:50 PM

I took pictures, I now just have to figure a way to get them on my pc. I used to have a card reader. I probaby need to pick another one up. I forgot my other laptop had a built in card reader and this one doesnt.

Old 09-24-2005, 11:13 PM
Enthusiast

I think TSBs can be covered past the warranty period. Call your dealer.

Old 09-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Enthusiast

Hey Tom,

Any progress on those pics? I took that thing apart, but can't seem to pin down where the actual noise is coming from

Thanks

Quick Reply: A-pillar rattle

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands