Tigers New HCH II/ Pictures/Pictures/Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 08:19 PM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!
Default Re: Tigers New HCH II/ Pictures/Pictures/Pictures

Originally Posted by ElanC
What's the use in having it look new if you never see it?
I've had bras on all my cars except two...My '94 Accord and the Sub. Within a few years, the Accord had HUGE chips on the bumper (it had a plastic bug deflector that eventually broke) due to the high usage of gravel in the winter. The Sub has a bug deflector since the bumper isn't painted.

As for the clear bra, I have read that some of the clear bras will tend to discolor when the bugs "splat". I don't recall which brands, but I think that 3M was one of them. Plus, it is quite expensive to cover the bumper (which is where the Accord really looked bad).

So to answer your question, I would rather look at a non-chipping/non-scratching bra than have to look at a chipped and scratched bumper or hood. But as a lot of people have said, it is a metter of taste.