Why is the HCH always compared to the LX?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Why is the HCH always compared to the LX?

Yeah, for me it is partially about saving money. But along that the lower emissions and also very importantly not having to fill gas as often, which I find to be a pain in the butt.

Originally Posted by Stevo12886
Its not so much that they compare it to the LX, they compare it to a base LX. They should add some options to make them comparable. Besides, is the money the reason you bought a hybrid? Dont sweat what other people say, they're just mad they're getting 20 mpg

Old 06-14-2005, 07:54 PM
jmg14213
Default Re: Why is the HCH always compared to the LX?

Because when American Honda certified the "incremental cost of 'conversion'" to the Federal government in the US, as well as to the states, they based the comparably equiped model on the LX. If you look at the standard features on the LX vs. the HCH, the LX has the moon roof in addition to the HCH standard windows, locks, A/C, cruise. So the comparisons are to the MOST SIMILARLY EQUIPPED regular production model, the LX.

Matt

Old 06-16-2005, 11:10 AM
Enthusiast
Cool Re: Why is the HCH always compared to the LX?

Honda may be contributing to some of the confusion themselves. In the 2005 edition of the Civic brochure, on page 8 it states that the Civic EX "adds to or replaces LX features" and then it lists 7 or 8 items. The next column over is the Civic hybrid, which states that it "Adds to or replaces LX features", with 7 hybrid features listed. When I first read that brochure, prior to buying my HCH, I thought the HCH was to be compared to the LX and not the EX. My assumption was that the EX and HCH both were "offshoots" of the LX, but in different directions. However, I would still not give up my HCH for anything.