whos getting the insight 2 tomorrow?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: whos getting the insight 2 tomorrow?

Yes that's a football tailgating feature I had installed :-D It's an accessory port. It can also be used to open the hood after it's been unlatched..lol

Old 04-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by clayton4115
those of you who are lucky to get the insight immediately, please post your initial impressions here!!!

My Insight will be in by the 30th of April. Ordered it 2 weeks ago. Will post my mileage.
I have a 2003 Civic Hybrid. My average is 47 MPG and I have over 132,000 Miles on it.
Honda cars are good and fun to drive.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:41 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Ours finally arrived Tuesday, 4/28. Tango red/gray interior with Navi. I love it so far, and I'd love it even more if I got to drive it for awhile (technically, it's the wife's car). She's getting ~50 mpg from what she tells me.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Enthusiast

Please post some pictures of your red tango Insight. I would love to see that color up close. Some pictures of the navigation console would be great too.

Thanks

Old 04-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: whos getting the insight 2 tomorrow?

Here's the best collection of high-res Insight II photos you'll find, including MANY in Tango Red color: netcarshow.com

Old 04-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Enthusiast

very nice pictures

Old 05-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Enthusiast

Picked mine up on May 7th. So far I'm very pleased with it.

My only two gripes are:
1: Rear visibility. Hard to see out the rear view mirror. I picked up and extra wide "clip-on" mirror today but that just made things smaller. It gave a good view of the rear seat headrests but I felt like I was driving a stretch limo. The original mirror does things just right. Guess I'll get used to it.

2. Low to the ground. It's low like my '06 Civic Coupe was. I expect problems getting into and out of the car next winter. I'll be wearing a parka too which will increase the difficulties.

Other than those two minor points, I'm very pleased with my decision to purchase an Insight. Gasoline prices are starting to rise where I live (16 cents/gallon in two weeks for regular) so I'm looking forward to driving past the gas stations and smiling.

Here's a link to some photos. http://gw.jaswaye.com/Insight.html

Old 05-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Enthusiast

Since I don't normally have anybody else in the car I normally just leave the rear seats folded down. I find it makes backing up much easier.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ScorpD
Since I don't normally have anybody else in the car I normally just leave the rear seats folded down. I find it makes backing up much easier.
DUH!!! Why didn't I think of that!

Old 05-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: whos getting the insight 2 tomorrow?

Originally Posted by davejazz
2. Low to the ground... I expect problems getting into and out of the car next winter. I'll be wearing a parka too which will increase the difficulties.
We don't have parkas here in San Diego. But I would think you'd actually sit HIGHER when wearing one, therefore resolving the low-to-the-ground issue. Heck, I might even wear two!

Quick Reply: whos getting the insight 2 tomorrow?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands