Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/)
-   -   Hello from MD (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/hello-md-11868/)

Capt Morgan 01-17-2007 03:25 PM

Hello from MD

Hello, I'm new to this forum thing. guess I've been living in a crater. I'm very curious about these hybrid cars. I'm getting ready to be in the market for one. I've been driving a 93 Chevy Cavalier since I bought it new in Sept 93. It has 265k miles on the odometer & has been through 2 transmissions & 4 engine rebuilds. This will be my first car since 93 & I want to get a good, reliable car. What cars are available in hybrid form? Thanks in advance.

James

bparsons 01-17-2007 03:34 PM

Re: Hello from MD

I went for the Prius, but I couldn't resist it. It's too darn cute!!

Capt Morgan 01-17-2007 03:47 PM

Hi bparsons. You're right, it is kinda cute, but my family is die hard BOWTIE, so, if I showed up with a Prius, I'm going to be ostrasized for life. Not that i really want another Chevy, but i think a Prius would get me laughed at.

bparsons 01-17-2007 03:51 PM

How so, because you are saving money and the future earth for kids? Certainly there is some way you could appeal to their inner beings and still own a guzzler on the side for weekends?

Marmaduke 01-17-2007 05:55 PM

you could get the Chevy Silverado?

Oh and welcome to the forum Capt'n :D

Morgan la Fae 01-17-2007 06:06 PM

OH WOW another person from Maryland! cool!

CaptainPicard 01-17-2007 06:13 PM

Welcome Aboard fellow Captain! I don't think your family will have any complaints in stepping up from that old beater to a brand new Prius!

Capt Morgan 01-17-2007 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by bparsons (Post 107097)
How so, because you are saving money and the future earth for kids? Certainly there is some way you could appeal to their inner beings and still own a guzzler on the side for weekends?

no, mostly because thier' all gas hogging brain dead rednecks who live for jeff gordan's next nextel cup

Morgan la Fae 01-17-2007 06:48 PM

ew i dont like NASCAR......Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks LOL

sorry no offense if you likey but i just can't get behind it. i'm a football & hockey gal

Marmaduke 01-17-2007 06:51 PM

yeah Capt'n I know what you mean. I just dont get Nascar. Seems like a big waste of gas. My friends dad works at a nascar racecourse and he fuels up the gas hogs. Me and him have had some really interesting conversations if you know what I mean :zip: :rolleyes: