Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hi from Phoenix, AZ

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 09:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

My name is Bill and I've been doing research on Hybrids. I'm debating between a Honda Civic Hybrid and the New Prius. Though, both are hard to get now, and the Prius isn't even available to test drive.

I'm looking forward to reading the posts.

Bill

Old 06-01-2004, 10:03 PM
Site Founder

Welcome. You will find plenty of company here as there are many members waiting for their Prius II. In the end, you'll be deciding between tradition & expediency or breakthrough & delay.

And, please, no one tell me that the HCH is a breakthrough as well. It isn't technically a hybrid by the strict definition of the term!

Old 06-02-2004, 06:05 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Jason:

___Careful now, your bias is showing again …

___Personally, I don’t care that a car is a hybrid, an ICE only, a Diesel, or powered by gerbils. Just get it to 55 mph in a reasonable amount of time and have it receive 100 mpg. I hope you feel the same

___Bill, welcome to the Forum!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 06-02-2004, 07:39 AM

Originally posted by azwildbill2@Jun 1st 2004 @ 11:34 PM
My name is Bill and I've been doing research on Hybrids.
Welcome Bill!

Old 06-02-2004, 09:57 AM
Site Founder

Xcel,
I knew very well that someone would say something to me. And I went ahead and posted it anyway! Yes, I know I'm biased. I own a Prius. But, biased or not, the HCH is in teh body of a Civic to keep with "tradition" and allow for customers to purchase a hybrid that isn't eccentric.

Old 06-02-2004, 02:19 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Bill!

If you go for the Prius, well, you can join me in the wait!

Old 06-02-2004, 03:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks everyone.

Jason - I know the Prius is more advanced technically, but I've driven the HCH and liked it. I'm also noticing that the gas mileage seems to be about the same for both. We shall see, that is why I'm reading up on both.

Old 06-02-2004, 03:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

I almost forgot! I had read in some technology magazine that Honda's System is considered a "mild" hybrid, not a "full" hybrid like the Prius or the new Escape.

Old 06-02-2004, 03:49 PM
Site Founder

Yes, that's true. In fact, it's not a hybrid at all (as I stated earlier). By strict definition of the word, a hybrid electric vehicle must be able to be propelled by either the engine or the motor. The HCH's electrical system shuts down the engine at lights but cannot propel the car on its own. See the fourth paragraph at https://www.greenhybrid.com/learn/si...ild_wild/1.php

Old 06-02-2004, 04:37 PM

Jason,
We all know MY car is the best!
(Ok I'm a little biased too)
Anyway azwildbill2 welcome to the community. Your research in knowledge and will lead you to the right car.

Quick Reply: Hi from Phoenix, AZ

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands