Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Chevrolet Equinox Fuel Cell

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Chevrolet Equinox Fuel Cell

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
Reality check: GM has been running at least one FCV around Washington DC since GW announced his hydrogen program that he funded by killing the high-mileage vehicle program. There is at least one and possibly two hydrogen fuel stations in DC supporting this fleet of FCVs.
You mean the one that Dennis Hastert had his picture taken in, then drove around the corner, got out, and climbed into his big black SUV?

Yes, there is that one. And there's the one that Honda leased to some family in California a few years ago.

But what I meant by "getting FCV's on the road" was "getting them into the hands of real-life users." Up until now, they've been one-off show cars. And I don't mean that people will change their focus because of how many or how few H2 stations there are around town, but rather "we've figured out how to make the car, now let's figure out how to make the gas." Yes, there are many hurdles left in getting the car's range up and price down, but maybe some thought will start going into the supply issues now.

Old 09-23-2006, 10:31 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Chevrolet Equinox Fuel Cell

Very nice. Since we're in LA county, we look forward to leasing one if the payments are reasonable. I believe Honda charges $500/mo for their FCX.