Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Mercury Mariner Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/mercury-mariner-hybrid-65/)
-   -   Engine turns over then stalls after 12v battery replacement (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/mercury-mariner-hybrid-65/engine-turns-over-then-stalls-after-12v-battery-replacement-32973/)

gmamadog 04-02-2022 11:48 AM

Engine turns over then stalls after 12v battery replacement

2009 Mariner Hybrid
I just replaced the 12v battery under the hood today and after replacement followed the instructions in manual to engage parking brake and turn off all accessories. When I started the vehicle it started fine then stalled after several seconds with a Stop Safely Now message. Had to wait about 10 min before it would start again but stalled with the same message. Both the throttle body and the EV battery were replaced last fall. Any ideas what could be causing this?

S Keith 04-02-2022 12:59 PM

Re: Engine turns over then stalls after 12v battery replacement

If it's only running for about 5-10 seconds, it's not actually running. That's the HV battery trying to spin the engine, but it's not firing. You should avoid multiple attempts to start until you isolate the issue. You can deplete your HV battery charge, and the 2009 doesn't have the HV jump starter.

Recommend you detach the supply line from the fuel rail and confirm you're getting fuel when you turn the ignition to the on position.

Fuel pump and fuel pump driver failures are not uncommon. I had to replace the fuel pump on my 2005.

chima lecci 03-27-2024 11:49 AM

I wonder how did you sort it out ?

S Keith 03-27-2024 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by chima lecci (Post 278023)
I wonder how did you sort it out ?

Be honest. You truly don't give a sh!t.