Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Remote Start

I must admit I'm a little confused about this.

First, every car on earth lets you leave the engine running while you get out and do other things (like checking how the engine is running, warming up the car while scrapping ice, running into the bank while a significant other is enjoying heat\air conditioning, going through inspection or a driverless carwash, and so on). The car must be left on with no driver in these instances and every car lets you.

It's true that a keyless entry allows you to do this with without a key, but my very basic Altima Hybrid, has the dashboard lit every time the engine is on, always beeps as soon as the door is opened with the engine on as well as displays a yellow warning triangle and shows that the doors are opened on the dash warning. It does none of this when the engine is off.

One last thing, the Altima hybrid apparently lets you start the car without pushing the start button if you put the car in drive with the fob. When this happens you get several warning lights that come on and the natural reaction is to panic and press the start button, which actually turns the car off. You get the exact same warnings if you put the car in to gear before the "ready" light turns on with the same results if you push the button again. What this means is that if you accidentally put the car in gear before you push the start button or before the "ready" light comes on, it acts like you left the car on from before, even if you didn't.

I hope this helps.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Need a Plug

Originally Posted by Ian33
I must admit I'm a little confused about this.

First, every car on earth lets you leave the engine running while you get out and do other things (like checking how the engine is running, warming up the car while scrapping ice, running into the bank while a significant other is enjoying heat\air conditioning, going through inspection or a driverless carwash, and so on). The car must be left on with no driver in these instances and every car lets you.

It's true that a keyless entry allows you to do this with without a key, but my very basic Altima Hybrid, has the dashboard lit every time the engine is on, always beeps as soon as the door is opened with the engine on as well as displays a yellow warning triangle and shows that the doors are opened on the dash warning. It does none of this when the engine is off.

One last thing, the Altima hybrid apparently lets you start the car without pushing the start button if you put the car in drive with the fob. When this happens you get several warning lights that come on and the natural reaction is to panic and press the start button, which actually turns the car off. You get the exact same warnings if you put the car in to gear before the "ready" light turns on with the same results if you push the button again. What this means is that if you accidentally put the car in gear before you push the start button or before the "ready" light comes on, it acts like you left the car on from before, even if you didn't.

I hope this helps.
No it does not help. Don't you get it either. Read my LIPS!

1. Pull up.
2. Put car in park.
3. open door.
4. Get out.
5. Close door.
6. Press request button on door handle.
7. Go away.

Eveything is quite, Car is still in ready and ON and active and ready to run when the HV battery calls for it. It's blazing bright here in AZ and the fact the dash is lite doesn't matter. IT SHOULD BEEP just like the Toyota does. It this so hard to get across. It should BEEP, PERIOD. I'll not post about this again so you all go stuff it.

Old 09-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GripperDon
No it does not help. Don't you get it either. Read my LIPS!

1. Pull up.
2. Put car in park.
3. open door.
4. Get out.
5. Close door.
7. Go away.

Eveything is quite, Car is still in ready and ON and active and ready to run when the HV battery calls for it. It's blazing bright here in AZ and the fact the dash is lite doesn't matter. IT SHOULD BEEP just like the Toyota does. It this so hard to get across. It should BEEP, PERIOD. I'll not post about this again so you all go stuff it.
MAN!!! u just like the guy who i have talken to in carspace com. If u really still don't get it take your car back to the dealer and ask them to reprog. with DEEP DEEP DEEP on it also in your menu too but can't remember which page search yourself for that. Most i heard people in Atima forget to turn off their Engine is their WIFE from nissanclub.

Been looking everyone post for a while but 1st time post just cause this guy is so . Hi to everybody.

Old 09-29-2007, 08:54 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Possible Solution

My NAH does give one beep as a warning the door is open when you try and leave the car in the "run" position.

A possible solution - maybe not desirable for all - would be to always keep the radio on. That way you'd be aware that the car is still on if you can still hear the radio when you get out of the car.

Some posts say there's three beeps - some posts say no beeps - so I wonder if there's some setting the dealer can adjust. I can't find any reference to this in the owner's manual.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Need a Plug
Default Re: Possible Solution

Originally Posted by lloyd123
My NAH does give one beep as a warning the door is open when you try and leave the car in the "run" position.

A possible solution - maybe not desirable for all - would be to always keep the radio on. That way you'd be aware that the car is still on if you can still hear the radio when you get out of the car.

Some posts say there's three beeps - some posts say no beeps - so I wonder if there's some setting the dealer can adjust. I can't find any reference to this in the owner's manual.
Good Idea Lloyd, I am a no beep Situation and you are correct nothing in the manual. Dealer say they can't figure it out. PS Not mad Tomboy just tired of you.

Old 09-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Possible Solution

Good Idea Lloyd, I am a no beep Situation and you are correct nothing in the manual. Dealer say they can't figure it out. PS Not mad Tomboy just tired of you.
Not trying to be mean just want to help u out thats all... but i do remember someone has the same problem like u in nissanclub com the best for u go in there and search but some one did say that in menual has it... one dealer doesn't help go to another one. If the problem can't fixed by dealer call corporation of Nissan and if still won't fixed then time for LEMON LAW!!!

Old 09-29-2007, 07:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

Gripper,

I don't know what I did to make you so angry and I am sorry for upsetting you. I'm just so tired of seeing what may be the best hybrid out there bashed constantly, on the very forum that is supposed to be promoting them.

If you are truly telling me that your car does not beep, give a warning triangle and a door open warning every time you open the door with the engine on, then your car has a problem that needs to be fixed.

My Nissan Altima Hybrid:
1. Pull up. (Dashboard is lit, showing me engine is on.)
2. Put car in park. (Dashboard is lit, showing me engine is on.)
3. Open door. (Car BEEPS! and dashboard shows a warning triangle and warns me my door is opened and is lit, showing me engine is on.)
4. Get out. (Dashboard is lit showing me engine is on.)
5. Close door. (Dashboard is lit, showing me engine is on.)
6. Press request button on door handle. (Dashboard is lit showing me engine is on.)
7. Go away. (It is true that the car doesn't give any further audible warning but the computer has already given both visual and an audible warning)

I agree with you that one more audible warning might be nice, and I understand your concern about the garage (I don't have one myself) but I would not want the car constantly beeping at me or shutting down during the 30 minutes to an hour it sometimes takes to dig my car out of the snow while it's warming up.

It was my other point I was hoping you would consider. That being:

(If the car is accidentally left on)
1. Press the start button thinking you are turning the car on (car actually turns off)
2. Put car in gear (car activates and sends warnings to the dashboard)
3. Panic (did I leave the car on!)
4. Press the start button and try again (works normally)

(If the car is not accidentally left on)
1. Press the start button thinking you are turning the car on (car actually turns on)
2. Put car in gear before "ready" light comes on (car activates and sends the same warnings above to the dashboard)

In both cases the visual clues and warnings are the same and they can trick you in to thinking you left your car on when you didn't. I have made this mistake.

I'm not saying you can't leave the car with it still running, you can. Your garage incident is proof of that, but every car lets you leave with the engine running. If you have a spare key, you can lock the doors with the engine running. If you have a car with a remote start, you can run the engine without unlocking the doors on every car that has one. This is not that uncommon and does require some diligence on the part of the owner.

I do hope this all works out for you and you find a car that satisfies you.

Again, I'm sorry for any offence, I was trying to understand if your car had a problem that was different from mine, apparently it does.

Ian

Old 09-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ian33
Gripper,

I don't know what I did to make you so angry and I am sorry for upsetting you. I'm just so tired of seeing what may be the best hybrid out there bashed constantly, on the very forum that is supposed to be promoting them.

If you are truly telling me that your car does not beep, give a warning triangle and a door open warning every time you open the door with the engine on, then your car has a problem that needs to be fixed.

My Nissan Altima Hybrid:
1. Pull up. (Dashboard is lit, showing me engine is on.)
2. Put car in park. (Dashboard is lit, showing me engine is on.)
3. Open door. (Car BEEPS! and dashboard shows a warning triangle and warns me my door is opened and is lit, showing me engine is on.)
4. Get out. (Dashboard is lit showing me engine is on.)
5. Close door. (Dashboard is lit, showing me engine is on.)
6. Press request button on door handle. (Dashboard is lit showing me engine is on.)
7. Go away. (It is true that the car doesn't give any further audible warning but the computer has already given both visual and an audible warning)

I agree with you that one more audible warning might be nice, and I understand your concern about the garage (I don't have one myself) but I would not want the car constantly beeping at me or shutting down during the 30 minutes to an hour it sometimes takes to dig my car out of the snow while it's warming up.

It was my other point I was hoping you would consider. That being:

(If the car is accidentally left on)
1. Press the start button thinking you are turning the car on (car actually turns off)
2. Put car in gear (car activates and sends warnings to the dashboard)

(If the car is not accidentally left on)
1. Press the start button thinking you are turning the car on (car actually turns on)
2. Put car in gear before "ready" light comes on (car activates and sends the same warnings above to the dashboard)

In both cases the visual clues and warnings are the same and they can trick you in to thinking you left your car on when you didn't. I have made this mistake.

I'm not saying you can't leave the car with it still running, you can. Your garage incident is proof of that, but every car lets you leave with the engine running. If you have a spare key, you can lock the doors with the engine running. If you have a car with a remote start, you can run the engine without unlocking the doors on every car that has one. This is not that uncommon and does require some diligence on the part of the owner.

I do hope this all works out for you and you find a car that satisfies you.

Again, I'm sorry for any offence, I was trying to understand if your car had a problem that was different from mine, apparently it does.

Ian
Is ok to have remote start cause most of them u/they can prog. time on it so thats not the problem. i wish we can have one like camry does

Old 09-30-2007, 02:20 AM
Need a Plug

AS I said:

1. Pull up.
2. Put car in park.
3. open door.
4. Get out.
5. Close door.
7. Go away.

Everything is quite, Car is still in ready and ON and active and ready to run when the HV battery calls for it. It's blazing bright here in AZ and the fact the dash is lite doesn't matter. IT SHOULD BEEP just like the Toyota does. It this so hard to get across. It should BEEP, PERIOD

I am not bashing the car to state what it does. Why are you all so sensitive! Can't anyone have an experience you don't like? This is not a forum to promote it or any other car. It is a forum thats all no more no less.

It doesn't beep when it seems it should and when a Toyota and a Prius I have test in the same way do. Now please cool it. I am only tired of you all not liking that i don't like it. I will never like it because it does not beep when i think it should. I am happy to quit telling about it if you all are happy to quit complaining that I have told about it. But i don't intend to cheer that it is so great when it does not do what I feel it clearly should do.

I also can't help it if the car does not produce superior gas mileage when the AC runs, but at least I can understand it. I have owned many many new cars easily thirty and some were great and some were not. I usually get tired of then in a couple of years so I will not have this one long anyway so don't worry about it. If I want to get rid of it tomorrow for what ever reason it's no skin off you nose and it's my business. If I keep it it's my business also, If I want to take it to the dealer thats my affair and if I don't it's my affair, just like it's my opinion of how I accept it beep characteristics.

So to keep you all from having ulcers I'll just X out this forum as i really don't need the agrivation.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Enthusiast

AS I said:

1. Pull up.
2. Put car in park.
3. open door.
4. Get out.
5. Close door.
7. Go away.

Everything is quite, Car is still in ready and ON and active and ready to run when the HV battery calls for it. It's blazing bright here in AZ and the fact the dash is lite doesn't matter. IT SHOULD BEEP just like the Toyota does. It this so hard to get across. It should BEEP, PERIOD

I am not bashing the car to state what it does. Why are you all so sensitive! Can't anyone have an experience you don't like? This is not a forum to promote it or any other car. It is a forum thats all no more no less.

It doesn't beep when it seems it should and when a Toyota and a Prius I have test in the same way do. Now please cool it. I am only tired of you all not liking that i don't like it. I will never like it because it does not beep when i think it should. I am happy to quit telling about it if you all are happy to quit complaining that I have told about it. But i don't intend to cheer that it is so great when it does not do what I feel it clearly should do.

I also can't help it if the car does not produce superior gas mileage when the AC runs, but at least I can understand it. I have owned many many new cars easily thirty and some were great and some were not. I usually get tired of then in a couple of years so I will not have this one long anyway so don't worry about it. If I want to get rid of it tomorrow for what ever reason it's no skin off you nose and it's my business. If I keep it it's my business also, If I want to take it to the dealer thats my affair and if I don't it's my affair, just like it's my opinion of how I accept it beep characteristics.

So to keep you all from having ulcers I'll just X out this forum as i really don't need the agrivation.
u just too funny... i suggested u go see a DR. We just telling u it SHOULD that what we all have beside U for now. If u don't want it fixed that your problem and STOP complaining about with OUT THE DEEP!!! no one want to stop your business just want other people in here reading this and understanding it does has the DEEP.

i don't like the mileage at all even with out the AC on but even Prius are down like 40 something or less when they have the AC ON

Just want everybody know that the NEW I-Key is in but not sure all dealership has it so u might want to call your local dealer to get it prog. for the new one. Some body has it done yesterday 9/28.

Last edited by townboy; 10-02-2007 at 12:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Remote Start

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands