Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Hybrid Emblems on Non-hybrid vehicles.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid Emblems on Non-hybrid vehicles.

I would think Toyota should go after them for copyright infringement if they were made aware of it.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:01 AM
Enthusiast

Some say that it's lying. Others see girls wearing make-up as lying, too. Not me. I drive an '04 MB E500 Hybrid myself! Thanks eBay!

Old 06-16-2009, 11:38 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gbl102
Three of the four were just the green leaves. Both the Rangers and 1 of the F150s. One Ranger was pretty old, so I doubt it was an alternative fuel vehicle. The other was a stepside and still had the XLT badging under the word Ranger on the fender in front of the door. One of the F150s actually had the entire thing (leaf and the word HYBRID). The funny thing is it looked like about an late 80s truck. With the sunken in square head lamps and the bad primer coat that plagued that generation which caused the paint to flake off.

I guess its *possible* that they had been converted or something, but I seriously doubt it.

I think they were picking on you but you didnt realize it.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Enthusiast

This kind of thing has been going on forever, before it was with "turbo" type emblems, now that green is cool people are lying about that too.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:15 PM
Enthusiast

Hello to all

I can assure you that first responders take the badges very seriously. So much so that you could delay attempts to extract you or your passengers from an accident or a disabled vehicle for any other cause until they had assessed the "hybrid" claim on a vehicle that isn't supposed to have it, that they have not had training on, and that they have no knowledge of.

I don't want to get into the mud slinging here... just pointing out a very real ramification of false badges. IMHO, They have the same potential as removing badges from a real hybrid and both should not be taken lightly.

Thanks for sharing

Old 11-10-2009, 05:29 AM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: Hybrid Emblems on Non-hybrid vehicles.

Oh please!
Some of you people stop drinking that cool-aid.
Most people that I know put these Hybrid, Electric, LNG..etc emblems on vehicles for gags. We know that it will **** off a lot of you tree huggers. I have seen hybrid emblems on smoke spewing 18 wheel rigs, all kinds of V-8 work horse pick-up trucks, riding lawn mowers and Harley motorcycles and countless other vehicles that you would have to be a blooming idiot to believe that these vehicles were actually a hybrid of any sorts.
Listen up.....it's a gag, a joke a way to make fun at all this "It has to be green" BS!
And by the looks of things, the results that many people who put these emblems on their vehicles were looking for is working...it's pissing you uptight, sandal wearing tree huggers into a bind.
Hey, cool off, put on your sandals, get on your bicycle and go buy yourself a latte and remember...it's a joke.

Last edited by capejoe; 11-10-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Active Enthusiast
Cool Re: Hybrid Emblems on Non-hybrid vehicles.

Originally Posted by capejoe
.it's pissing you uptight, sandal wearing tree huggers into a bind.
Wow the only part that bugs me is all the name calling. But maybe my mother was a blooming idiot for teaching me to not call people names.

ps I'm a laid back tree hugger. and sandals are so 80's

Last edited by way2muchkc4u; 11-15-2009 at 02:17 PM. Reason: to clarify
Old 11-14-2009, 09:08 AM
Enthusiast

Wow..."name calling"???? ...lmao

way2muchkc4u I didn't call anyone in particular a blooming idiot what I said was a general statement..
" you would have to be a blooming idiot to believe that these vehicles were actually a hybrid of any sorts.
"
...you know like someone calling a terrorist a terrorist, a thief a thief and snob a snob and so on.

Now if you feel like I was refering to you in particular or people like you then I guess the shoe fits. You need help because obviously your still drinking that crazy cool-aid again.

Old 03-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arren
Hello to all

I can assure you that first responders take the badges very seriously. So much so that you could delay attempts to extract you or your passengers from an accident or a disabled vehicle for any other cause until they had assessed the "hybrid" claim on a vehicle that isn't supposed to have it, that they have not had training on, and that they have no knowledge of.

I don't want to get into the mud slinging here... just pointing out a very real ramification of false badges. IMHO, They have the same potential as removing badges from a real hybrid and both should not be taken lightly.

Thanks for sharing
Wow, this is really interesting. I had no idea that it made a different to First Response! Makes this a lot more serious.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Hybrid Emblems on Non-hybrid vehicles.

The emblems look so cool and superior,and they really advertise the mind set of the owner of the vehicle. Everyone can just look at them and say WOW! They are rich and they are saving our planet. Again WOW! Double WOW! Where can I get one of these Hybrid emblems for MY vehicle?

Quick Reply: Hybrid Emblems on Non-hybrid vehicles.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands